Id have just been arrested!!

Planking

Planking

"according to past reports, police have been called to the address on at least five occasions since 2015. All of the calls were in reference to dogs and dog bites."

A dog running around biting people with no rabies shots. No sympathy for him from me. Justice served.

duckduck84

duckduck84

Everything until making the guy cut his dead dog's head off I'm OK with. But that is sadistic and no way is that a policy anywhere except for where cops do whatever they want after they get done banging their sisters.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

pressfit

pressfit

Growing up, I remember people cutting the heads off of opossums and sending them in after getting bitten by them..

B

BMan

On Monday, Goodwin told The Telegraph that the officers offered him the option to call a veterinarian and pay to have the head removed. However, with three young children around Christmas time, money is tight.

So what's the problem? He didn't want to pay to have a vet remove the head, which left him with only one other option.

His choice; he wasn't forced to do anything.

duckduck84

duckduck84

BMan":3t11p7hn said:
On Monday, Goodwin told The Telegraph that the officers offered him the option to call a veterinarian and pay to have the head removed. However, with three young children around Christmas time, money is tight.

So what's the problem? He didn't want to pay to have a vet remove the head, which left him with only one other option.

His choice; he wasn't forced to do anything.
The problem is that's just not how it's handled. The dog should have been removed and whoever was doing the test, public health, animal services, etc. Should have handled all that in office. You don't behead an animal in a driveway and take the head somewhere.

I'm not saying the owner doesn't have culpability, here. The issues is this was handled terribly by the "law enforcement" agency.

B

BMan

If he'd kept his dog under control, it would still be alive.

If he'd vaccinated his dog, the whole beheading would not have occurred.

If he posted a video of the entire incident, maybe I'd feel differently.

On the more complete video available on youtube, the cop plainly says he does NOT have to cut the dog's head off but he can send it to a vet to have it done. The way the guy was mouthing off, he's lucky the cops showed a lot of restraint and didn't beat him into the ground. Watch the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paDvNXJC3DE and see how much sympathy you have for this guy when it's done.

I think JamesM on youtube said it best:

What happened is that cop (sic) attacked and bit the neighbor. The cops have been out there five other times for that same dog biting other people and attacking other people. The owner never got rabies shots. That owner needs his a** beat that dog should have been killed a long time ago and then the owner should have had his a** beat again and then his a** beat again.

Planking

Planking

When dad was bit my grandpa cut the head off the cow and sent it in. He said all the kids in class stayed away from him and he had to sit by himself until he got all his shots. My thoughts aren't with that POS but with the people who were bitten. Hopefully they can find out if its rabid. To heck with how it was handled. That's a fatal disease.

J

jb3

My son was bitten by a dog that did not have vaccinations. The owner had to quaratine the dog for a few days and the dog was observed daily to see if it showed any signs of rabies. They were renters that moved out two years ago. The side gate to their yard still has a cable lock on it.

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
I have zero sympathy for people who don't take care of their animals. ...especially if they have a history of aggression.

NICHOLS3

NICHOLS3

I don't feel sorry for him one bit!..if he knew he had an aggressive dog he should have done something about it after the 1st bite. I agree with Bman he should have had his a**beat.

BARhunter

BARhunter

Supporter
duckduck84":3gyfuopt said:
Everything until making the guy cut his dead dog's head off I'm OK with. But that is sadistic and no way is that a policy anywhere except for where cops do whatever they want after they get done banging their sisters.

Wow! As a twenty nine year veteran retired law enforcement officer, I find your choice of words unusual to say the least. You seem to be quick to specifically judge and be critical of how things were handled by law enforcement officers, but yet you make a statement in a public forum that seems to insinuate it's ok for you to use the negative words you used and stereotype all police officers in a negative way. Maybe they didn't handle it the way they should have, but many people can come up with many different opinions and many different ways regarding how the law enforcement officers should have handled it. It's ok for people to disagree with the way law enforcement handled the situation and it is completely understandable that people will disagree. We can all agree to disagree, but we should all do it in a respectful manner.

I am not going to get in an argument with you, because I do understand that you are entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully ask that you think about your choice of words you used in your original post and how people may perceive your words. I believe no one wants to be stereotyped in a negative way simply because of their profession. I also doubt you would want to be stereotyped in a negative way simply because of your profession. You've never met me and I have never met you, but by using the words you used, you negatively stereotyped all law enforcement officers because of some bad law enforcement officers you may know, or have heard about.

I will also add that I chose not to look at the video, once I reviewed the comments being posted.

Again, I am not going to argue with you and no disrespect is intended toward you by any of my words I have used in this post.

duckduck84

duckduck84

BARhunter":209qia7e said:
duckduck84":209qia7e said:

Wow! As a twenty nine year veteran retired law enforcement officer, I find your choice of words unusual to say the least. You seem to be quick to specifically judge and be critical of how things were handled by law enforcement officers, but yet you make a statement in a public forum that seems to insinuate it's ok for you to use the negative words you used and stereotype all police officers in a negative way. Maybe they didn't handle it the way they should have, but many people can come up with many different opinions and many different ways regarding how the law enforcement officers should have handled it. It's ok for people to disagree with the way law enforcement handled the situation and it is completely understandable that people will disagree. We can all agree to disagree, but we should all do it in a respectful manner.

I am not going to get in an argument with you, because I do understand that you are entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully ask that you think about your choice of words you used in your original post and how people may perceive your words. I believe no one wants to be stereotyped in a negative way simply because of their profession. I also doubt you would want to be stereotyped in a negative way simply because of your profession. You've never met me and I have never met you, but by using the words you used, you negatively stereotyped all law enforcement officers because of some bad law enforcement officers you may know, or have heard about.

I will also add that I chose not to look at the video, once I reviewed the comments being posted.

Again, I am not going to argue with you and no disrespect is intended toward you by any of my words I have used in this post.
Maybe if you didn't have that big ole chip on your shoulder about your profession you might read the post in context. I'm not insulting law enforcement officers. I'm making a statement that good officers and good departments have better policies and procedures on how to handle this than the way this was done. I'm not going to justify what I do or why I speak with authority on the matter to you because you've made it clear you don't want to engage in further debate, but you have no clue how incorrect your assumptions and statements are.

duckduck84

duckduck84

BamaProud":psvi3yfg said:
duckduck84":psvi3yfg said:
And for what it's worth

Georgia protocol not followed in case of man who alleges cops told him to behead his dog

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.macon.co ... 34274.html

So your colorful description of the cops was both inaccurate and unnecessary.
Unnecessary, perhaps if you're easily offended by joking insinuations regarding rural people and their proclivity for incest.

Inaccurate? I'd disagree.

“But those rural counties, they have to rely on their own staff and getting the information out correctly.”

Lack of a clear policy and procedural protocol based on proper guidelines from the CDC and/or public health shows they were inept. Anyone with common sense and some knowledge of blood borne pathogens, which officers should be aware of, should know this was a dumb idea.

The issue is separating how you feel about the guy, his dog, the bite, etc. and the end result of 2 deputies threatening a man with jail for not cutting his own dog's head off. It's not right, it's not safe, it's not good policy, it's not defensible. Period.