Ice and Snow has them moving

JhnDeereMan

2-Step Enabled
I put the sets in the ground on Saturday while the weather was nice and the ice had them moving last night.
Fortunately I had a youngster that wanted to learn to trap and I got him to tag along Saturday and then today when we checked the line. 3 coyotes 1 raccoon and and 1 opossum. It was too muddy to remake the sets but maybe we can do that in the next few days.

I will say that I have always run MB 550 4 coil traps but I have been reading a lot about the Duke 550 pro series with offset jaws so I ordered half a dozen to try. Two of the coyotes were on the new Dukes and they did the job just like they should.

Attachments

• FD5990D7-B386-4894-B624-5BC43A059301.png
    FD5990D7-B386-4894-B624-5BC43A059301.png
    942.3 KB · Views: 84

Shanman

Starting out a new trapper, that's nice to see.đź‘Ť Bet those yotes dancing around in the catch circles got his heart pounding. Fantastic!

JhnDeereMan

2-Step Enabled
Good job. Did you need to modify the duke traps at all?
I did not modify them any. The pan set level with the nite latch set right out of the box. The pan seemed a little larger and more square than the MB's.

I will say they were very oily/greasy. I pressure washed them and threw them in the creek for a couple days and then boiled them in walnut hulls one day and dipped them the next

Latest posts