I understand now

JimFromTN

JimFromTN

I now understand how people become serial killers. They are forced to drive around cool springs mall and green hills mall during the christmas season.

D

Dabbo

I used to work like 3-400 yds from the Green Hills mall. Traffic there was bad enough on a normal day, but Thanksgiving to Christmas was horrid. Cool Springs is the 8th circle of Dante’s Inferno this time of year. I met my mechanic near there last year to give him a Christmas gift, and it took me the better part of an hour to get out of there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bone Collector

Bone Collector

Supporter
JimFromTN":20fzwtqq said:
I now understand how people become serial killers. They are forced to drive around cool springs mall and green hills mall during the christmas season.

YEP. I've worked out here for 11 years and i literally was just telling a couple of my coworkers the other day I wanted to mount mini guns to my truck so i could just mow down the idiots on the road here, that come in to shop.....Worst 2-3 weeks of the year.

dralarms

dralarms

I made the mistake of getting of I75 one Christmas shopping season on Hamilton place rd or some crap. I was there for hours just trying to get back to the interstate.

KPH

KPH

Supporter
I have said for years a man does not belong in a Mall parking lot and that is double for this time of year

D

Dabbo

Hope you cleared out of there before this afternoon.... it looks like the entire city was a traffic dumpster fire.
d57452ea8ba8a3d769095fd66adf805c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TNTreeman

Supporter
In 2001 I bought my first really nice tractor, a fairly new John Deere 5400, 4x4 with a loader. I got it at an farm auction on cool springs Blvd that was being developed for office buildings. At that time it was the most expensive thing other than a house I ever bought. It was a week before Christmas on a Saturday with snow and I was so proud I got it I drove it home (7 miles) to my house. I didn't have a trailer either. I got some great looks in that mall traffic. Good memories.

catman529

catman529

I work in cool springs... i feel your pain... at least I am right down the street from Academy :D

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Back several years ago Man and I were hunting in Meadon with Rad at his farm.
During the middle of the day we didn't have much to do so I said let's go to Dicks (I think it was) and Gander Mountain in Jackson.
This was just a few days before Christmas, about 11:00 a.m.

I would say from Hwy 45 to Dicks or Academy, I can't even remember which store it is, was maybe a half mile?
We got in and then went to Gander Mountain and messed around a little while.
Guess we pulled out of Gander Mountain and headed back to 45.
It literally took us over an hour to get back on 45.
It was actually kinda funny watching everyone nudge and nudge and get mad.

Definitely wouldn't want to mess with that if I had somewhere to be and just simply wouldn't fight it every day.
I can't even imagine what that area in Nashville is like.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
One reason I have been FINISHING my Christmas shopping by Nov 20 or before for the last 25 years.

B

BMan

catman529":2ki1dozl said:
I work in cool springs... i feel your pain... at least I am right down the street from Academy :D
Used to work directly across Mallory Lane from the mall - long before Academy, CostCo, and most of the other stores out there existed. Only things there at the time were the mall, the Target shopping center, the Kroger shopping center, and a handful of buildings on the west side of Mallory Lane. Traffic was almost non-existent most days, and bearable around Christmas. Now it's bad 365 days a year and downright brutal in December.

P

plinker22

For a number of years I would hunt in Ohio over Thanksgiving. I would eat Thanksgiving lunch with family (3:00 pm or so) and then head toward Ohio.

Arriving in Ohio, I would go to Walmart to purchase my OH License. I made that mistake three different years. Yes, this was in the hour or two before Black Fridays sales would start. :bash: