• Help Support TNDeer:

I think it will pass....

peytoncreekhunter

larry ipock

I'm all for the right to carry. Today when I see someone carrying, I know they have at least some firearm safety knowledge. If this passes, (and I hope it does), won't be sure if some of the folks carrying will be that safe for themselves and others.

BamaProud

quote: The House bill unveiled last year would also increase the punishment for theft of a firearm from a misdemeanor to a felony that would require six months in jail.

I'm all for that, but I would add that if you use a firearm in any crime it automatically adds a certain amount of years (maybe 5 or 10)in prison to whatever the crime sentence normally carries.

mrjim43

This scares the living day lights out of me knowing what is out there and who is carrying (legally) now. Stories of some people who we all know do not need to have this right even tho they still would be carrying illegally. Now they can flaunt it...........Very Mixed emotion about this....."I do carry when traveling"
One person's opinion..:confused::confused:

Omega

This scares the living day lights out of me knowing what is out there and who is carrying (legally) now. Stories of some people who we all know do not need to have this right even tho they still would be carrying illegally. Now they can flaunt it...........Very Mixed emotion about this....."I do carry when traveling"
One person's opinion..:confused::confused:
No more than the idiots I see driving, and that is not a right.

Specializedjon

Supporter
I have mixed feelings as well. I've got the 2nd Amend. tattooed on my arm and I'm also a firearms instructor. I'm obviously a diehard 2A guy, but I'm also a big proponent of training. We don't just let our kids jump behind the wheel when they turn 16. I think carrying a firearm, just like driving, is a big responsibility and should require some level of training. Just my $.02

BamaProud

I have mixed feelings as well. I've got the 2nd Amend. tattooed on my arm and I'm also a firearms instructor. I'm obviously a diehard 2A guy, but I'm also a big proponent of training. We don't just let our kids jump behind the wheel when they turn 16. I think carrying a firearm, just like driving, is a big responsibility and should require some level of training. Just my $.02

I am a big supporter of firearm training and safety, but I don't think an 6 or 8 hour course(I think you can even do it online now) makes a bit of difference about how safely someone will be with a firearm. I wish every person had the training of a Navy Seal but the fact is very few people will ever obtain that skill set and every person has the Right to bear arms no matter their proficiency.

BamaProud

Another issue I have with permits/fees and mandatory training is that there are many circumstances when someone that never thought they would ever need or want to carry suddenly finds themselves in a bad situation where they feel the need to protect themselves. Women in or ending bad relationships is a common example.

44 mag

Just like it is your responsibility to teach your kids to drive it is also your responsibility to teach them proper firearms training. I understand that not everyone has someone to teach them but that goes the same for driving. I see way to many people on the road that should not be allowed to be driving.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Latest posts