I pulled a seek1 just now:)

RockMcL

I get most of my freezer meat from the backyard . Wife says that's not hunting . I say you are correct . However the blackstrap tastes the same . Maybe even better , shot , gutted, and hanging in the walk-in , all in less than an hour . Way too many does in the neighborhood .
Always feel like a rich man when I get a deer from the woodshed or barn. NO ONE on YouTube has a bigger deer stand especially one with 220 volt service.

Some probably spent more on their stands than I did on my structures though...

agelessssone

Well, sort of. Saw a doe from the window eating on some browse behind my chicken coop. Went out the back door and grabbed my bow from the barn, and put the coop between me and the deer. Snuck all the way to the coop, peeked around the side and she was feeding at 18 yards and had no idea I was there. Got myself ready and when she put her head down I drew and got around the coop enough to shoot and double lunged her. I did have a few hundred acres to track and retrieve her if needed so maybe it wasn't exactly like a seek1 kill ;). First deer I've killed from the yard like that, first opportunity really as well. Can't exactly say it was hunting, but I don't mind.
I know some don't cotton to killing them from the yard, but I don't and my wife and kids practically begged me to.
Meat is meat and it was legally taken.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Latest posts