I need to move.

rsimms

Soddy has got stupid with the prices nowadays. I honestly don't see how any young person or young couple can actually start off without being behind the 8 ball now. Where my in-laws live off of Armstrong Rd out by the lake was VERY reasonable not so long ago but now the houses they built out there are starting at like 650k-700k. Just nuts how it has went in Soddy.
Y'all are right. Three places for sell near me in Sale Creek now. All between $660K and $750K. They include a little property, but not enough to justify the prices they're asking. I am VERY lucky to have gotten in just before the market in this area went bonkers!

Hduke86

Y'all are right. Three places for sell near me in Sale Creek now. All between $660K and $750K. They include a little property, but not enough to justify the prices they're asking. I am VERY lucky to have gotten in just before the market in this area went bonkers!
When they put that NICE firehall in down that was the sign. Then you have the sell of McDonald farms

killingtime 41

Everywhere prices have skyrocketed. The reason is because the idiots up north or Californians think there getting a bargain. But they are really getting laughed at all the way to the bank. Never realizing under the ground out front is an old barn 3 junk cars and 2 commodes that got buried to make the ground a little flatter. I hope when the housing market drops if it does. And winter time comes and they realize just how cold it gets and how many months it stays that way will run them off. Hey I know it's just wishful thinking. Where is the sanity anymore. Crickets

hoghunter65

Now that I think about Im pretty lucky, only 10min from Parksville lake, 30 min from the Hiwassee river, 15 min to the Conasauga river, 45 min to the Tennessee river, as far as hunting goes, Im 10 min from South Cherokee which I only hunt for hogs and 30 min from deer hunting in Meigs and Mcminn co.

TNReb

I feel pretty lucky.
I can leave my house and be at the ramp…

Old Hickory - 10 min
Percy Priest - 20 min
Center Hill - 45 min
Dale Hollow - 1hr 50 min
KY Lake (New Johnsonville) - 2 hrs
Chickamauga - 2hr 20min
Guntersville- 2hr 10min

Wheeler, Wilson, Pickwick are all reachable Tennessee River lakes… Weiss is reachable for some Coosa River action…

East TN is reachable but I don't really have much interest in it.