I need some prop advice

Tenntrapper

I have a 1548 with a new Yamaha F25 4-stroke. This is my first 4-stroke motor, and it's completely different than the 2-strokes I'm used to. All of the power seems to be on the low end. At less than a quarter throttle, it planes out and runs 21-22 mph (gps). However, I've finally been able to go wide open (breaking in new motor), and it tops out at 26-27mph. It came with a 11.25" pitch prop, and I've found props up to 15". I don't want/need a half dozen props, so I guess my question is, can someone with a similar set up suggest a starting point? I don't want to kill the bottom end, but it's almost flat above about half throttle.The rpms do go up, just very little gain. Or am I looking at this wrong, and 4-strokes are supposed to only be run at quarter throttle? Thanks for any help.

Tenntrapper

Just wanted to update my own post. Found out the issue with the boat. It's with the boat itself. The G3 has welded in trim tabs. At a given speed, it lifts the back of the boat and plows the front down into the water. Maybe I need more weight in the back.

Latest posts