I hate news people (not all)

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Tell us Janet what were the parents feelings when you talked to them after the shooting and they spoke to their children?
What the crap do you think you moron!!!!
So disrespectful and so heartless.
Milk it for all the ratings you can get you drama queen pieces of feces.
I swear they make me sick.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

sallee-bo

sallee-bo

WPSD Paducah is the hokiest,most rooter pooter,rinky dink TV station I've ever seen.

KPH

KPH

Supporter
Back in the day you had 15min. of local news and 15min. of national and that is all you needed. No time for crap like we see today.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
sallee-bo":3icl1l4u said:
WPSD Paducah is the hokiest,most rooter pooter,rinky dink TV station I've ever seen.

I agree, I quit watching except for the weather years ago. I personally know a couple of people that work there and they are working under ORDERS so what you see is their orders.

duckduck84

duckduck84

KPH":i8g38jsv said:
Back in the day you had 15min. of local news and 15min. of national and that is all you needed. No time for crap like we see today.
Spot on right there. The 24 hour news cycle has created anything but actual news.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Crappie Luck

Crappie Luck

Staff member
"Will the other stores stay open until they close?"

A question I heard asked by a reporter when a meth lab was discovered in a strip mall. A dollar General was closed because of the lab at the time.

Kirk

Kirk

About a year ago, there was a bus crash in Chattanooga that killed several children. One local channel had a news girl interviewing children as they walked away from the bus as they were being removed by rescue workers. This little boy was walking up the road, dazed, a shoe missing and the reporter stopped him and shoved a camera in his face. She even interviewed the mother of a child still stuck on the bus. It pissed me off for the families. I haven't seen that reporter on the news in almost a year.

C

chall19477

I hate the way local news people over dramatize everything and try to build crap into a story. One day there had been heavy rain and a reporter was in a back yard showing flooding. Started talking about how dangerous a situation was with wires going down into the standing water. It was a telephone pole guide (guy)? wire. I don't think anyone was at risk of being electrocuted. Then with the snow one was reporting from downtown Nashville talking about cars slipping down a hill. They are standing there doing a live shot and not one car in the segment showed any signs of trouble. Can't understand their need to overdramatize every report they do.

Buzzard Breath

Buzzard Breath

I heard this one this morning:

Newsman, "How did you get away from the shooter?"

Student while rolling eyes, "UH, we ran."

DaveB

DaveB

my Brother worked in CBS and NBC O&O stations in Miami for well over 25 years.

He frequently told me the talking heads were, for the most part, much more stupid and uneducated than you might imagine. For example, one of them said Clinton could s**K and F*** in the white house all he wanted why should anyone care? this while she was lifting her skirt and adjusting her underwear in full view of 30 people on set.

Nothing the news people say or do surprises me any more. There is so much money available for anyone who can increase ratings.

Planking

Planking

I haven't watched the news in years. I would rather be doing anything else.

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
News is about hype and drama these days instead of actual factual stories. Weather news included.

Good time Charlie

Good time Charlie

If you want gloom and doom .And you want to feel depressed just turn on your tv and watch the news.

As our pastor says there is never any good news on the TV,, maybe at the end a 2-minute segment of something good.

I just wonder how the ratings would be if they put more good decent heartfelt story's on.

Maybe people don't want to hear good news??? I don't know, I know I would.

B

BMan

BamaProud":1rltw74j said:
News is about hype and drama these days instead of actual factual stories. Weather news included.
Best comment of this thread.

Remember Don Henley and "Dirty Laundry"? Things are a lot worse now, than when he recorded that song.

Mudbone

Mudbone

My oldest daughter is doing the weather report on the evening new tonight.
I love news people!! Lol
I don’t know if it’s four or five so I guess I gotta record both.

DaveB

DaveB

My daughter did the evening news at age 6.

She took my broken microphone and pranced and danced in front of the TV spouting about hurricanes and tarranadas and snow and rain and wind and ALWAYS finishing up with "have a great day"

It was hysterical. Is this your daughter or is she really doing the weather?

Crappie Luck

Crappie Luck

Staff member
Bambi Buster":29oq8qir said:
BamaProud":29oq8qir said:

If it bleeds, it leads.

Are we talking about Megan Kelly again?