I hate it when I am stupid

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
I had my boat out a couple weeks ago to go duck hunting in it.
I normally keep it in my shop unless I am going hunting or fishing then it is in my garage / carport.
It never sets outside in the weather.
Well the last time my son was here it was COLD and the ground was frozen solid.
I told him I really needed to put my boat up and he said today would be a good day to do it.
Of course we didn't do it though.

I went duck hunting one time after that and didn't wear my waders because we honestly don't need any where we went.
I wore my bibs and parka that I use for deer hunting.
When I got home the legs were wet from launching the boat so I just threw them on the front deck of my boat and decided to get them later.

Enter the winter weather with a strong North wind.
My bibs & parka ended up in the bottom of my boat in the garage.
Out of sight, out of mind.

I happened to look yesterday and realized that under about a foot of snow that is covering my boat (which I hate by the way) are my bibs and parka. :bash:

Gonna be interesting when I throw them in the washer I'm sure. :)

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
More hunters than you think have done that something like that one time or the other.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
I'm terrible about sitting something to the side and doing something with it later. Got to looking for my turkey choke last night and can't find the thing nowhere. I remember putting it somewhere and thinking turkey season's away's away and I'll get it later. Don't know what the heck I did with it.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
rem270":1lhjyts7 said:
I'm terrible about sitting something to the side and doing something with it later. Got to looking for my turkey choke last night and can't find the thing nowhere. I remember putting it somewhere and thinking turkey season's away's away and I'll get it later. Don't know what the heck I did with it.

My third year of turkey hunting I was getting everything ready and I couldn't find my favorite call ANYWHERE.
It is a slate call.
I ALWAYS kept it in my turkey vest, in the same pocket alllll the time.
I never moved it unless I was taking it out to use it or sand it and I always put it back in the same pocket.

I searched my turkey vest about 5 times and tore my house apart looking for it.
Finally went and bought another one just like it but it was a newer version and the base was different. It was made out of a green plastic instead of black like the old one.
I sanded it good and started trying it and it was "ok" but just wasn't the same.
Oh well, I decided I would have to go with it because I had no choice.
For some reason before putting it in my turkey vest I put my vest on and then picked the call up and out of pure reflex I reached to unzip the pocket it goes in and there was something in that pocket.

Still have both of them. :)

winchester77jj

winchester77jj

I thought you were gonna tell us the outdrive froze and bursted or something catastrophic. Lol. I Ben where you are though. With three boys “sharing” my hunting gear now, it is never where I leave it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Mike Belt

Don't know whether it's a curse or a blessing but during hunting season I'm one that has to make sure everything is ready to roll out of the driveway on the next trip before I go in the house and sit down... even if I may not be going again for a couple of days.

I've said it before and will again. The best way to find anything that might be missing at the moment is to go and replace it.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
winchester77jj":1gglsqmz said:
I thought you were gonna tell us the outdrive froze and bursted or something catastrophic. Lol. I Ben where you are though. With three boys “sharing” my hunting gear now, it is never where I leave it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naw, I learned that lesson the very first Winter I owned my boat.
Took it out and put it in the water and fired it up and it wouldn't go forward or reverse.
Brought it home and spent about an hour trying to find the piece of the linkage that had broken or pin that had fallen out.
Just out of frustration I grabbed the prop and was gonna give it a good shake.
Instead I grabbed it and the entire "guts" of the lower unit came out in my hand.
How I didn't lose all of it in the water is beyond me.

Keep a very close eye on my lower unit now. :D