I don't understand

Headhunter

Nice reply and what I expect from the majority of the TWRA. They are as bad or worse than politicians. Cater to the wealthy, to heck with the everyday hunter and fishermen and just sit back and watch the states fisheries get destroyed by overfishing while basically doing nothing about it. The game wardens I know do their best but there is no way there are enough of them to police all that is happening illegally and not only are the fisheries being devastated statewide (I see the immigrant population throwing cast nets on Priest all through the summer and they keep all that gets in the net), and boating on the lakes has become a serious safety issue in the summer months, last summer was unbelievable. Now the TWRA is not only just going to build and maintain duck blinds, but police this travesty of a proposal.

Also, spending over 1 million dollars on duck blinds, but at the same time basically nothing being done on WMA's because they don't have any money!
And the people at the TWRA who came up with this proposal admit the main reason for it is the "everyone gets a trophy" mindset. Tell me JUST one conservation minded part of the proposal or a benefit to the ducks or the betterment of duck hunting in Tennessee this proposal helps. Just one. Well other than people get to sit in a blind for a few days that they have to attempt to pick the best days months ahead of time. Absolutely asinine, complete waste of time, the majority of draws will be nothing other than sitting an talking because there sure won't be any duck hunting much less duck killing happening. I wish it could be successful but there are not no where near enough ducks for it to be. At least break it up into 20 day segments. Time to hunt, meaning being to able to go when the weather cooperates and hopefully a few ducks are in the area is what gives anyone a chance on public ground where required to hunt from blinds to hunt and maybe kill ducks. A few days at whatever point in the season is a joke.

Trust me, I am far from alone in my feelings. It is so sad the TWRA is just like our politicians for the most part. No common sense, don't care what anyone says or thinks unless they are wealthy and only want to sell more licenses, not take care of the wildlife resources of Tennessee. It is crazy that the word "rescources" is even a part of the TWRA name.

Headhunter

You posted you didn't understand. Well, just trying to give you a chance to understand.

I would bet in the fly shop, you hear just as much if not more than many about the devastation the fisheries are under.

Myself, and more friends and acquaintances than I can count see it almost every single time we fish.

Latest posts