I Blew it!!

jard

I finally saw the buck I've been after. He's a basket rack 8 point but he's also the biggest buck I've seen on this property in 2 years. He snuck up directly behind me and finally got to 20 yards and just stopped. I tried to turn as far as I could but my safety strap caught on my hoodie and wouldn't let me go any further. He stopped right were he was and just turned around and walked back into the thick stuff he came from. I don't think he was spooked so I got some more chances.

I have a 130 class 10 point mounted and have killed many bigger than him, but after not having killed a buck in 3 seasons. Sorely disappointed right. Going back out in the morning.

catman529

At least he didn't bust you, I had a 120 class's 8 point stop behind me at 10 yards on Wednesday, he smelled where I had walked, and he looked straight up and saw me when I reached for my bow.... Even worse, he only ran a little and stopped at 20 yards with branches blocking any possible shot... Keep at it, best of luck, you might still get him

Latest posts