• Help Support TNDeer:

I’m planning on hunting a wma opening day rifle season, if I leave my bottle opener on the dash...

PossumSlayer

Of my truck will it deter other hunters from hunting where I am

Attachments

• 2C3EDC1E-C0E5-4BC9-94A2-7FCFAEB256CC.jpeg
    2C3EDC1E-C0E5-4BC9-94A2-7FCFAEB256CC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 169
  • 34A84ECA-4987-4E27-80FE-C29A929F3064.jpeg
    34A84ECA-4987-4E27-80FE-C29A929F3064.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 157

bwgarrett3

That's what I thought it was.

Now if I'm walking through the woods and see you carrying something that can shoot that bullet you wouldn't have to say a word! haha

Hunter 257W

Based on personal experience I'd say it would. I used to hunt at a place that limited the # of hunters each morning. If you wanted to hunt there, you had to meet at around 4:00 am at the club house and the 1st 30 or so hunters to arrive got in for the day. Of course everybody would get there early and stand around talking waiting to see who got approved to hunt. When they noticed that I had a box of 460 Weatherby ammo they all started eyeing me suspiciously and wanting to know exactly where I would be hunting so they could go somewhere else. Never mind the fact that I was shooting a soft 300 grain bullet intended for the 45-70 and pushing it way faster so penetration wasn't any more than a typical deer rifle, I figured that I might as well enjoy a little privacy and just kept quiet.

Headhunter

Not me. Do you control however many hundred acres that are around your vehicle? Maybe if you indicate what direction you went from your vehicle, but to say just because a vehicle is parked wherever, then no one else can hunt the entire area around the vehicle is just wrong. Maybe you can indicate which side of the road you are on or an leave an indicator to the direction you are hunting, but to just say because a vehicle is already there then no one else can park there and hunt? Nope.

I have only hunted 3 wma's and LBL in the last few years and I park near, close to, etc. other vehicles most every time I hunt and I rarely see another hunter, a couple of my spots I have never seen another hunter in the woods, not once and there is always a vehicle if not several parked either when I get there or when I leave. If I do see someone I just keep walking, and depending, just go on by or I get away from them quickly, but I almost never see another hunter, even at their vehicles, I see their vehicles but almost never see them. If I do see a hunter at the vehicle, which is rare, I will talk to them and discuss who is hunting in what direction and I always give ground to the other hunter.

I know of 2 times once on LBL and once on AEDC, a guy that used to hunt with our group, would ride by where he knew I hunted and tell me that I would have to go to a new spot since either a vehicle or several vehicles parked where I normally parked. Well at LBL, there were groups of people camped where I parked. I said ok and parked like normal, went and hunted killed a deer once, a great buck and killed 2 deer the other time and never saw another person, not one. When I killed the buck, LBL, I would have been glad to have ran into another hunter, actually was hoping to run into someone hunting, at least on the way out, it was 1.35 miles as the crow flies to where I killed the buck and the deer field dressed 160 lbs. I saw the guys at their tents when I got him out, but never in the woods.

Just because a vehicle is parked somewhere doesn't mean someone can't hunt the entire area around the vehicle. And if you see someone just get away from them or go on past. If I am already set up to hunt, just so long someone either gets away from the area I am hunting or even just walks by, even right by me, but just keeps going, then no big deal.

bwgarrett3

Not me. Do you control however many hundred acres that are around your vehicle? Maybe if you indicate what direction you went from your vehicle, but to say just because a vehicle is parked wherever, then no one else can hunt the entire area around the vehicle is just wrong. Maybe you can indicate which side of the road you are on or an leave an indicator to the direction you are hunting, but to just say because a vehicle is already there then no one else can park there and hunt? Nope.

I have only hunted 3 wma's and LBL in the last few years and I park near, close to, etc. other vehicles most every time I hunt and I rarely see another hunter, a couple of my spots I have never seen another hunter in the woods, not once and there is always a vehicle if not several parked either when I get there or when I leave. If I do see someone I just keep walking, and depending, just go on by or I get away from them quickly, but I almost never see another hunter, even at their vehicles, I see their vehicles but almost never see them. If I do see a hunter at the vehicle, which is rare, I will talk to them and discuss who is hunting in what direction and I always give ground to the other hunter.

I know of 2 times once on LBL and once on AEDC, a guy that used to hunt with our group, would ride by where he knew I hunted and tell me that I would have to go to a new spot since either a vehicle or several vehicles parked where I normally parked. Well at LBL, there were groups of people camped where I parked. I said ok and parked like normal, went and hunted killed a deer once, a great buck and killed 2 deer the other time and never saw another person, not one. When I killed the buck, LBL, I would have been glad to have ran into another hunter, actually was hoping to run into someone hunting, at least on the way out, it was 1.35 miles as the crow flies to where I killed the buck and the deer field dressed 160 lbs. I saw the guys at their tents when I got him out, but never in the woods.

Just because a vehicle is parked somewhere doesn't mean someone can't hunt the entire area around the vehicle. And if you see someone just get away from them or go on past. If I am already set up to hunt, just so long someone either gets away from the area I am hunting or even just walks by, even right by me, but just keeps going, then no big deal.
You make some good points and I agree with almost all you said. I think he was throwing some humor in about displaying a bottle opener that appears to be a 50 caliber bullet.

I definitely know what you mean with hoping to run into someone while dragging one out. The doe my son shot Saturday almost killed me so I know a 160lb buck would have.

PossumSlayer

I love this idea about leaving a message for direction I/they went!

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Latest posts