Hydro turf any experiences?

mossyoakmantn

I'm completely redoing a jon boat I bought earlier in the year. I think I'm going to leave the aluminum floor in it but cover it in hydro turf. Any of yall ever put it in your boat?

DaveB

Yep, I put it on my trusty craftsman 14 foot fiberglass that I used to fish the California lakes.

Bad idea. Minnows, crawdad pieces, worm pieces, all of it gets in the carpet weave and the smell doesn't go away fast enough.

If you are careful it will not happen to you. That is what my wife told me. She was wrong.

Hduke86

Yep, I put it on my trusty craftsman 14 foot fiberglass that I used to fish the California lakes.

Bad idea. Minnows, crawdad pieces, worm pieces, all of it gets in the carpet weave and the smell doesn't go away fast enough.

If you are careful it will not happen to you. That is what my wife told me. She was wrong.
I think this kind of hydroturf is “foam”

Hduke86

If the foam hydroturf then I just put it down in my xpress. Simple to install and I got the 3m backing on mine. I can say make sure you put it where you want it exactly cause that stuff stays glued to the floor. It’s not cheap for sure but well worth it to me

Hduke86

B78F0F33-7749-4AA8-A5F5-FDD95572D20C.png

mossyoakmantn

The kind I was talking about is the closed cell foam kind.

ruger7mag

It's pretty popular in the bowfishing boat world. Blacktip makes a cheaper version that held up well in a buddies boat.

Hduke86

That's the stuff. Did you get it from ebay or amazon?
No, I ordered mine actually from Prodigy Boats down in Georgia. Beware of the knockoffs kind cause they are notorious for literally falling apart after a while and it’s nothing but a mess to fix. My biggest advice is to always have your boat covered when not in use cause that’s the life of any type of flooring like this

Doecrusher

Definitely get the actual hydroturf or eva foam or the other mentioned by ruger7mag. The Amazon stuff won't stick long and doesn't want to lay flat once rolled.

Latest posts