Hvac question

KPH

When I got home from work yesterday one of my toddlers had turned the thermostat down to 60. So i figured thats why it may have froze up. From being turned down so low and working so hard all day. They did it at like 7 or 8 am and I didn't see it till 5pm when I got home.
that will do it rule of thumb don't sat one below 68deg. you may get by with it and you may not but it will sure be hard on the unit.

CATCHDAWG

When I got home from work yesterday one of my toddlers had turned the thermostat down to 60. So i figured thats why it may have froze up. From being turned down so low and working so hard all day. They did it at like 7 or 8 am and I didn't see it till 5pm when I got home.
With a low outdoor ambient temperature and the t-stat turned down that low, it’s a strong ”possibility” that could be the problem. You should still be able to hear the blower running if your standing beside the unit with system off and fan on. If the blower isn’t running, the problem is somewhere in that vicinity. Several reasons why a blower would not run.

cecil30-30

Well a quick update. Turned the unit back on at 4 this afternoon and it appears to be working normal. It has cooled the house back down to 72 and kicks on and off like it should. Hopefully we dodged a bullet this time.

CATCHDAWG

Well a quick update. Turned the unit back on at 4 this afternoon and it appears to be working normal. It has cooled the house back down to 72 and kicks on and off like it should. Hopefully we dodged a bullet this time.
Awesome. Might be time to have a thorough maintenance performed to make sure there aren’t any restrictions and air is flowing the way it should be.

Chiflyguy

Glad it works now.
This might sound crazy, but years ago, the access cover for the blower got a little loose and the safety switch stopped it from running.
If you froze a line, get it checked out for low refrigerant.
Could have a small leak.
Little kids are funny. Someday I’ll tell you the story when my kid who was 3 at the time flushed the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine hot wheel down the toilet.

WTM

Glad it works now.
This might sound crazy, but years ago, the access cover for the blower got a little loose and the safety switch stopped it from running.
If you froze a line, get it checked out for low refrigerant.
Could have a small leak.
Little kids are funny. Someday I’ll tell you the story when my kid who was 3 at the time flushed the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine hot wheel down the toilet.
you know, this exact same thing happened when my son moved into his new house in january. we liked to froze to death upstairs. i climbed up in the attic and found the home inspector left the cover off the unit.

TreyB

Awesome. Might be time to have a thorough maintenance performed to make sure there aren’t any restrictions and air is flowing the way it should be.
May get ahold of you soon to see if you wanna check ours out for maintenance. I’m in Cleveland.

Chiflyguy

you know, this exact same thing happened when my son moved into his new house in january. we liked to froze to death upstairs. i climbed up in the attic and found the home inspector left the cover off the unit.
Drives you nuts.

Latest posts