Hunting with a Pacemaker

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I'd recommend talking it over with the doc just to be on the safe side. I'm not in that situation, but I think it would depend a lot on how much healing has occurred and how far between the surgery and the start of the season. Probably a little different for everyone.

Madbowh

Hey Hunters, anybody with a pacemaker hunting? How long before you could shoot a rifle? I shoot a 270, did you
change calibers? Thanks.
I used to hunt with this old man that had a pacemaker for 14 years before he passed the first year he had it he was hunting with a 3030. He was late in his 70s when he got it put in. If I was at that stage in life I would do as I please like he did because of you have that you already was close. Have at it, have fun let us know how your season goes

Dennis

When my dad got his, he said he had them put it on his left side because he shot right handed. Not sure if that is option for you?

I'd recommend talking it over with the doc just to be on the safe side. I'm not in that situation, but I think it would depend a lot on how much healing has occurred and how far between the surgery and the start of the season. Probably a little different for everyone.
Thank you for your advice, i will talk it over with my doc.

I used to hunt with this old man that had a pacemaker for 14 years before he passed the first year he had it he was hunting with a 3030. He was late in his 70s when he got it put in. If I was at that stage in life I would do as I please like he did because of you have that you already was close. Have at it, have fun let us know how your season goes
Thank you for your reply.

tchristian

Have the conversation with your doc, then remind them on the day of your procedure that you want it on your right side. Standard location is on the left, so it will be easy for them to forget. Procedure is no big deal, so don't sweat it.

ChadB

Hey Hunters, anybody with a pacemaker hunting? How long before you could shoot a rifle? I shoot a 270, did you
change calibers? Thanks.
I'm on my second one, never had a issue. I did discuss with my doctor about shooting a gun and we put my pacemaker on the left side since I am right handed. Ive shot 7mm, 300wm and 3.5 goose loads with no issues.

Latest posts