Hunting With a Non-Hunter

Ridgewalker1

Post this question in twra section. As far as I know they must have blaze hat and vest and obviously no weapon in hand.

duckduck84

It's in the Twra questions forum, but as long as they do not have a weapon they can accompany a licensed hunter without a license or hunter safety course. They actually do not have to even wear blaze orange, but it is HIGHLY encouraged.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

morgancountry

I believe that they are not allowed to participate in any way either. Which means calling, tracking, dragging, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquaholic

morgancountry":1s9h3abl said:
I believe that they are not allowed to participate in any way either. Which means calling, tracking, dragging, etc

They can only observe ... No helping in any way at all

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

duckduck84

Is it really helping in "the hunt" if they help you drag a deer out and load it in the truck? Hunt is over at that point. That would be the dumbest crap I've ever heard of. I'd like to hear Scn weigh in on that one, because it would take one serious a hole of an officer to cite someone for that I would imagine.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

deer hunter 21

So your saying you have to have a hunting license to help drag a deer out? What if they have a license and just a archery stamp but their buddy tagged out in rifle, does that mean they can't help drag but could if it was shot with a bow?

ImThere

I wonder if that's the same on public land the area manager here told me no they cannot assist with any part of the hunt. I said ok well at least I will have help dragging the deer out and he said no I wouldn't that was part of the hunt. So idk. I hop SCN is right because that makes more sense. I will add that was about 5 years ago

MickThompson

ImThere":3ijf8ns0 said:
I wonder if that's the same on public land the area manager here told me no they cannot assist with any part of the hunt. I said ok well at least I will have help dragging the deer out and he said no I wouldn't that was part of the hunt. So idk. I hop SCN is right because that makes more sense. I will add that was about 5 years ago

Were you on a draw hunt? Usually the only people allowed in during one are the permitted hunters.

ImThere

MickThompson":345fu3sd said:
ImThere":345fu3sd said:

Were you on a draw hunt? Usually the only people allowed in during one are the permitted hunters.

No sir.

Latest posts