Hunting with a 50 bmg video

duckduck84

duckduck84

What an a-hole.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
My only comment is, it is shocking how little some people actually know about firearms. smdh.

TreyB

TreyB

MUP":2yumyst3 said:
Him being an ahole aside, what's the issue, other than overkill? I haven't listened to the audio btw yet.

He didn't even hit the deer. The pressure of the bullet flying past its head blew its eyes out basically.

catman529

catman529

That goes to show why head shots are a low percentage shot. Could be just as easy to blow the snout off a deer with a 30 caliber bullet. But some people won't listen and will head shoot deer like they're in a video game or something.

That was impressive the shockwave from that 50 though. I was hoping to see what it would do on a dead broadside lung shot. I figured the ribcage would be ruined but the rest of the meat OK. I guess the shot he did take saved the most meat you could get from a 50bmg

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter
Dbllunger":lx2xez2c said:
Bizarre. He didn't even hit the deer and killed it. Speed of the bullet caused a vacuum sucking the eyeballs out and killed it instantly he claims. I call BS. Here is a link to a guy that shows it on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrHpe5Z ... e=youtu.be

so basically it wont knock over a pyramid of red solo cups WITH A DIRECT HIT, but he want us to believe that the deers eyeballs were sucked out because the bullet was so close, yet missed? YEA that's some BS lol

Jcalder

Jcalder

Supporter
I call bs and I'm thinking he shot it thru the eyes. I don't know much about the bullet used but I'm gonna guess it didn't expand like you'd expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FTG-05

FTG-05

Jcalder":feavp1li said:
I call bs and I'm thinking he shot it thru the eyes. I don't know much about the bullet used but I'm gonna guess it didn't expand like you'd expect.

This is correct, he shot it thru the eyes. The bullet didn't react or expand, it just drilled a 1/2" hole.

Cool rifle and good shot, but he's an idiot.

B

bloodtrailing

He wants views of his video. I will not participate

B

BMan

Wonder where he was hunting, because that sure looked like a FMJ round. Illegal in TN, don't know if it's legal anywhere else.

Regardless, he's a #1 douchebag.

Bone Collector

Bone Collector

Supporter
BMan":9i9e5k2x said:
Wonder where he was hunting, because that sure looked like a FMJ round. Illegal in TN, don't know if it's legal anywhere else.

TX i think it said.

Stupid shot for sure. When that doe was standing there, I thought is he going to let it turn broadside, then the suspense music stopped and I thought he is going to blow the poor girls chest off, but no... he shocked me even more by taking a head shot and then saying, that was the plan all along... Why?? Just shoot the thing broadside and lets see the hole.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
BMan":ctkjw2y2 said:

Legends Ranch is in MI and from the way the "guide" sounded that's where they were.

catman529

catman529

cbhunter":vbj75l1t said:
Dbllunger":vbj75l1t said:
Bizarre. He didn't even hit the deer and killed it. Speed of the bullet caused a vacuum sucking the eyeballs out and killed it instantly he claims. I call BS. Here is a link to a guy that shows it on youtube.

so basically it wont knock over a pyramid of red solo cups WITH A DIRECT HIT, but he want us to believe that the deers eyeballs were sucked out because the bullet was so close, yet missed? YEA that's some BS lol
I had forgotten about that video. Yea I am gonna call BS on missing the shot as well. He shot through its eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
catman529":1gczuj1t said:
cbhunter":1gczuj1t said:
Dbllunger":1gczuj1t said:

I had forgotten about that video. Yea I am gonna call BS on missing the shot as well. He shot through its eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, I think through the eyes as well. The way that deer's head was turned when he shot it could have gone straight in one eye and out the other side without a terrible amount of resistance.

mossyoakmantn

mossyoakmantn

I'd say eye shot. There's no way a bullet just going by has a "shock wave" capable of that. Just a rich high fence hunting elitest

GreyGoose

GreyGoose

with a 50 bmg i was waiting to see the deer get blown in half.regardless i do not understand why you would even take a gun of that caliber to hunt whitetail