Hunting technique poll

Rancocas

I am sure there are categories I'm missing but I'd like to do a poll of turkey hunting techniques and hunter ages.

category 1- traditional- only shoot a turkey if he comes to a call and never uses decoys or sits in a blind

category 2- mostly traditional but have no problems with using decoys

category 3- hunts primarily in a blind using decoys, calling occasionally

category 4- turkey hunts when I can and willing to use whatever legal method needed to kill a turkey( ambush, calling, blind, decoys, reaping, etc)

please post your main category along with your age
Catagory 2 Age 72

greenehead

I am sure there are categories I'm missing but I'd like to do a poll of turkey hunting techniques and hunter ages.

category 1- traditional- only shoot a turkey if he comes to a call and never uses decoys or sits in a blind

category 4- turkey hunts when I can and willing to use whatever legal method needed to kill a turkey( ambush, calling, blind, decoys, reaping, etc)

#3. 71

Levee Jumper

1 / 2 I will crawl on one to close the distance but I'm out on decoys - 34

Let's call it repositioning on all 4's instead of on 2.

kbradley

I am retired so I hunt every weekday for a while if I can and I do not get out until sometimes 8 , 9 or even 10 o'clock . Birds are out and looking by then . Rarely do I hunt weekends . Call to a bird and give a chance to come , if they do not come , I go to them , down on the ground and dirty . If not close enough to shoot at the end of stalking and as close as my cover will let me get , I will start calling again and a lot of times that closes the deal . In my past hunting , over the years , I have tried it all and the above method mentioned above is what I settled in on and used for several years now . It is just what I like . I have taken around a dozen birds over the years by catching them in tall enough grass/cover that I just stand up and when I do that slick bird just ducks down in the cover thinking maybe I did not see him . Me , being an old quail hunter , realized what that bird was doing after a couple of times seeing it . I just take off walking , casually , to him never taking my eyes off that spot . Never had one take off before I got there . They will stick like a bob white quail . I have had them get up and run a couple of times instead of take to the air , when I get there and yes , I got them both . Yes , I have missed a couple in the air but a 90 to 95 percent kill rate ain't bad , doing this . I love doing that but they have to have the right cover before they are comfortable enough to duck down and hide . In other words it does not happen every day .

Dennis

I am ok with everything except this. This clearly crosses the line.
1616855568695.jpeg