Hunting technique poll

budro2

I am sure there are categories I'm missing but I'd like to do a poll of turkey hunting techniques and hunter ages.

category 1- traditional- only shoot a turkey if he comes to a call and never uses decoys or sits in a blind

category 2- mostly traditional but have no problems with using decoys

category 3- hunts primarily in a blind using decoys, calling occasionally

category 4- turkey hunts when I can and willing to use whatever legal method needed to kill a turkey( ambush, calling, blind, decoys, reaping, etc)

please post your main category along with your age

1/61and even my dad is a 1/84 but someone packs his turkeys out now

artwork001

I am sure there are categories I'm missing but I'd like to do a poll of turkey hunting techniques and hunter ages.

category 1- traditional- only shoot a turkey if he comes to a call and never uses decoys or sits in a blind

category 4- turkey hunts when I can and willing to use whatever legal method needed to kill a turkey( ambush, calling, blind, decoys, reaping, etc)

What is reaping?

Bone Collector

If I am alone Category 1 - 45.

If I am hunting with my nephew and he wants to use a blind and/or some plastic chickens then I will, after explaining they are not necessary and just extra junk to drag in and out of the woods. The blind can be necessary at times, especially with 2 people depending on the set up, so sometimes a category 3🤷‍♂️

turkeyhunter

50 .... 4 but i never hunt out of a blind and very rarely use a decoy. But im not above any of it if a bird wants to test me. :)

Latest posts