Hunting Reelfoot

FlintvilleMonster

Can anyone hunt Reelfoot or is it all guided? Going on a guided hunt on a Sunday and Monday but was thinking about going a day early and hunting Saturday but dont know anything about Reelfoot.

Crappie Hunter

It's not worth it. Some friends and I tried to get in a blind several years ago that didn't have anyone in it. We were run out nearly at gunpoint before we got our gear in the blind by a guy claiming it was his son's blind. There are some draw blinds on the lake, that anyone can hunt, but it's way more trouble for one day than it is worth in my opinion.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
You can boat hunt on the lake. Just make sure you are over 200 yards from any blind, and not on the refuge. If you try to hop a blind, make sure it is a draw blind, not someone's private blind. There are several that have not reverted ownership to the State as yet.

beefydeer

If I am not mistaken, you can get in any unoccupied blind after legal shooting time regardless if it is private or draw. There's lots of places you can boat hunt away from permanent blinds, especially now with the water high.

cmn

You can boat hunt on the lake. Just make sure you are over 200 yards from any blind, and not on the refuge. If you try to hop a blind, make sure it is a draw blind, not someone's private blind. There are several that have not reverted ownership to the State as yet.
this is true...that is why we always have someone at ours. I have not had good experiences with hoppers at Reelfoot though....

KPH

I have always hunted Reelfoot with a guide and the ones I have been with don't like others getting close. I was with one once who called his game warden friend who came and checked the people out and made them move.

TimberMan

Any blind on the lake is able to be hopped after legal shooting hours if empty. The locking of blinds on public lands is prohibited. The 200 yard rule applies to all aspects of the temporary blind site including your decoys. Your primary issue is that blind holders sometimes get their distances confused and think 200 yards actually means 300 or 400+.

Latest posts