Hunting near Bowater

TreyB

TreyB

Who all on here has hunted by the tracks near Bowater in Charleston?

I know some people that has and have trouble with Game Wardens but it is legal to hunt. Hear they just want it for certain people and try make it out like its illegal to hunt it.

TreyB

TreyB

I know of one on here that hunts turkey and deer on it.

T

TraumaSlave

I heard they used to sell passes but stopped years ago. I would think it's private property and would therefore require permission.

TreyB

TreyB

TennSportsman":17ochdyq said:
Did you mean Calhoun?

Yes I am sorry...

On the phone now with TVA. She is saying it is huntable.

TreyB

TreyB

Well looking a little sketchy... She is going to turn it in to have someone look it over. Showing it is huntable. She is emailing me for me to confirm the info I gave her. If it is legal, that is great duck hunting in there!

H

huntintn

TreyB":39gjypj1 said:
Well looking a little sketchy... She is going to turn it in to have someone look it over. Showing it is huntable. She is emailing me for me to confirm the info I gave her. If it is legal, that is great duck hunting in there!
It'll be leased next year.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

TreyB

TreyB

huntintn":34zk3ug6 said:
TreyB":34zk3ug6 said:

I didn't think TVA leases property

H

huntintn

TreyB":162nh1db said:
huntintn":162nh1db said:
TreyB":162nh1db said:

I didn't think TVA leases property
Yes they do.

TreyB

TreyB

Welp, guess I need to call her back. :tu:

H

hunter0925

TreyB":2sflzs9n said:

I didn't think TVA leases property[/quote]Yes they do.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Tva leases crop rights to property but not hunting rights. They cannot take something that is owned by the federal govt and lease it to a select few. Tva has turned over some land to the state to be used for wma property. Tva either has huntable public land, unhuntable but for public recreation or strictly off limits land. Tva will pull crop rights from a farmer if he tries to run people off saying it is leased. I know multiple people who lease crop rights from Tva and I work for them and know for a fact they do not lease hunting rights.

TreyB

TreyB

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yeah I didn't think they did.

TreyB

TreyB

Poleaxe":17u4rfwv said:
TreyB":17u4rfwv said:
I know of one on here that hunts turkey and deer on it.

Shut it Trey. It's been years since I have. Lol

:rotf:

then you are the 2nd on here.

Snake

Snake

Think I know the property you are talking about , it don't show ownership on property viewer indicating to me that it's either TVA , state something of that nature . Being huntable if it's the property I think your talking about is in the city limits of Calhoun therefore don't think you could discharge a gun but I could be wrong . If it's across the interstate then that's a different story but hoping you can hunt it the way you want .

jlanecr500

jlanecr500

Supporter
TVA has a Gis viewer similar to tn property viewer. Google "tva lands for the web" and go to the link. This map shows tva property that is color coded. I think huntable land is a cream color on the viewer. You would be surprised how much land is huntable that people don't know is. I live in the city and there is a 2000 acre piece that I can see from my front porch and any weapon is legal on it.

TreyB

TreyB

It is huntable... Had a guy from TVA call me back. Said 5-6 years ago they had the same type problem. But its huntable he said.

Crow Terminator

Crow Terminator

I was on a private property lease in Calhoun that was right across from the Bowater plant...directly behind the concrete trucking company to be exact. It was a royal pain to hunt due to the same thing you described...borderline harassment by a certain wildlife officer and some of his buddies. We were in the right by being there but they did not like it and made it tough to hunt it. Some of the other guys got into it with the chronies and someone ended up dumping out a whole bunch of roofing nails in the area we parked in and also busted the landowners rear tires on his tractor. I wasn't involved in the feud but got the bad end of the deal with the roofing nails. I hunted one evening and then drove home. The next morning I get up to go to work and had multiple flat tires; They all had roofing nails in them. I had just put brand new ones on it the month prior so I was livid. One of the other guys on the lease got a bunch in his too, so we figured out where they had came from. I never went back there. I understand things escalated even worse the remainder of the season...with treestand tampering, etc. One of the guys had his ladder stand taken apart and another had the climbing sticks to a lock on stolen but they left his stand up in the tree.