Hunting knife????

FULLDRAWXX75

A sharp one...............

In all honesty, I prefer a fixed blade @ 6-7" overall length. I have carried the same knife for 35 yrs. My brother gave it to me for Christmas. It is a Kershaw 1030TF.
Just google for images of the knife to look at it. The blade design is great for gutting to skinning, it maintains a great edge.

FDXX75

drawforce

on the cheap end of choices a mora knife made in sweden cant be beat.Ive got several of the $14.99 ones with the carbon steel blades, i keep one in both my vehicles and my tackle box.They get increibly sharp and are easy to keep that way, and if you lose one your not out much.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Most people get too large of a knife for hunting. My wife and kids got me a nice buck a few years back that is perfect. I had never seen it before, and still can't remember what it is called, but it is about the same size as a Case little finn

Dienamic

Helle Odel or any of their smaller knives. Helle is nice. Also stand by their product. My Odel sheath was finally giving up (very nice leather that I hadn't taken care of). Emailed them and inquired about how to purchase a replacement. Their reply was "Send me your address and another will be on the way" Arrived in a week from Norway. For processing a Victorinox boning knife I picked up at SMKW. Very practical and uber sharp.

dmonty

If you not great at sharpening knives get the Outdoor edge model that you can change blades on,its only around 30.00 with six spare blades.I switched to this and really like it,super sharp.

CharlieTN

I've been using an Outdoor Edge SwingBlaze (same as the swingblade but in orange) for 2 years now. Holds a good edge. Nice and grippy and the zipper blade works exactly as advertised.

Now for skinning back at home I use what is called a sheep skinner. Then a boning knife and a large "steak" knife for further butchering.

Killing time

I have 2 Buck knives. First and oldest is a Goliath. Not sure they make those anymore. It is a folder and has a cheap looking plastic handle, but the blade is awesome. Very beefy and quality steel.
My other is a fixed blade, 194 Alpha Hunter, with gut hook and Rosewood handle. Very nice looking knife. Also comes with a nice leather sheath.
I bought a KME knife sharpening kit. I recommend that as well. Much better than a Lansky, in my opinion. Keeps em razor sharp.

String Music

CharlieTN said:
I've been using an Outdoor Edge SwingBlaze (same as the swingblade but in orange) for 2 years now. Holds a good edge. Nice and grippy and the zipper blade works exactly as advertised.

Now for skinning back at home I use what is called a sheep skinner. Then a boning knife and a large "steak" knife for further butchering.

This

Latest posts