Hunting knife????

DoubleRidge

Except for the fact that it's no longer Cold Steel. :(

Guess time will tell.... doesn't sound good though...... haven't purchased anything recently.....the four I have I guess you could say are "old" cold steel :)

FTG-05

I've noticed they've dropped the Drop Forged Bowie and one version of the Drop Forged Survialist. :(

They also dropped the R1 Military Classic (CS version of the Randall Made #1 Fighting Knife), but that was years ago.

DeerMan66

Outdoor Edge fixed two blade with orange handles. One blade is a gut hook. I like the orange handles. It helps prevent losing the knife when field dressing a deer in the woods.

Dennis

I prefer a short blade to avoid cutting myself when reaching up into the cavity to cut the esophagus etc. In fact, I have a box knife I use sometimes so the blade isn’t out until I get both hands where I want them.
I also, as others have said, look for bright yellow or orange handles. A camo knife is not a smart idea.

Laserman1

Supporter
I’ve been using a Gerber gator for years. After gutting and skinning, it is still sharp enough to cut meat before resharpening.

Cherokee

Supporter
I think we may need a “Blades” forum?
This is one I made a few years ago. Having used it several times there are some modifications I will make for the next one: thinner G2 scales instead of the nice wood for better grip, slightly thinner blade with better grind angle, and improved finger grooves/front bolster for increased safety.
My mistakes and lessons learned might provide some ideas on what to look for.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

Mag

Outdoor Edge fixed two blade with orange handles. One blade is a gut hook. I like the orange handles. It helps prevent losing the knife when field dressing a deer in the woods.
I got one of these for my Birthday this year!

Buzzard Breath

Havalon, 100 pack of replacement blades. Squirrels, ducks, geese, whitetail, mule deer, antelope. Its seen them all.

Attachments

AJared

Outdoor Edge Grip Lite.

tree_ghost

Supporter
Picked up this little jewel today. Been wanting an Esee for a while just couldn’t decide what I liked until I came across this one a guy had for sale. The blade coating was removed and a patina was applied.

Attachments

Latest posts