Hunting clothes have come a long way!

Slaughter-06

Slaughter-06

My dad's first and only deer.
Killed at Como Tn. with a 20 ga. Slug.
And yes he wore the brown corduroy pants. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20171216_133335066.jpg
    IMG_20171216_133335066.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,261
D

DMD

What year is that from?

I started hunting in 1984. I wasn't raised in a hunting family. I don't remember what I was wearing when I killed my first deer - but, I killed it it with either a 20 or 12 gage slug out of a single shot shotgun. I shot 3 times at that deer and hit it the third shot. When I killed my second deer...which would have been in maybe 1991 - I was wearing a pair of suede ankle boots, with holes in them and plastic bread bags over my socks to keep my feet dry. I don't remember the clothes I was wearing - but, I remember I was sitting on a stool in the middle of the woods, covered up with a neon green sleeping bag to keep warm. When the little 3 point buck walked by me, he looked at me like "what in the world are you". He never got a chance to fully figure it out. :)

Slaughter-06

Slaughter-06

Olds cutlass maybe?

Attachments

• IMG_20171216_133358817.jpg
    IMG_20171216_133358817.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,061
P

PalsPal

Great pic.

How did he not get blood on that shirt :D ?

Sniper

Sniper

I was talking to a guy about this at work yesterday. I started deer hunting when I was 10 in 1979. It was about 10 degrees and I remember I had some cheap green rubber boots that had about 1/16” of yellow felt in them. Think they came from TG&Y and I wore the same coat I wore to school every day. Don’t know how we survived!

C

Cardinalskyhawk

Oh yeah, I remember putting on as many pairs of blue jeans as you could and one of those NFL coats with the plastic sleeves, like a letter jacket from school. Good times!

double browtine

double browtine

Those are some great old pics!

I remember wearing and old army Field jacket, and camo pants. I wore insulated under wear tops and bottoms, under sweatpants and sweatshirt, under all that. Had an old wool army blanket with an X cut in the middle that I would cover up with sometimes. When I was in middle school, my dad bought me some goose down pants and parka in woodland camo. I was in hog heaven with those on. My dad still has them. Sure wish they still fit me. Never got cold wearing them.

BuckWild

BuckWild

Supporter
I started hunting in the mid 70's. Wore blue jeans and a green t shirt when bow hunting.

Wore blue jeans and a flannel shirt when gun hunting.

I either wore my Converse all star high tops or black rubber boots and 4 pair of white socks if it was cold.

Still killed deer.

S

SR 1911

Yeah I remember the days of wearing two pairs of jeans a a few pairs of socks trying to keep warm the only Camo was army surplus

woodyard

woodyard

I started when I was 14. That would have put it 1969. I had an army field coat and the army gloves with the liners. Man I was cookin! Never had anything to keep my feet warm. You just sat in a tree till they got numb. We didn't have but one stand built with a ladder to get into it on our 188 acres. Most places it was just a board put across limbs in a tree we could climb.
I remember the first deer killed in our area ( which was the Como area) was killed by one of my aunt's brothers who was from Michigan down visiting. Word got out quick and nearly the whole neighborhood came out to see the deer, which actually had a good rack,probably a 3-4 year old buck.

C

csi-tech

My first hunt on out farm was in jeans, sitting on a wet stump wearing a Navy flight jacket in tennis shoes. My Brother in law was a few hollows over wearing insulated coveralls, insulated boots and sitting in a tree lounge. Lesson promptly learned. I bought everything and have been comfortable ever since!

S

SALTMAN

One of my first memorable was about 75 , sitting on the ground near Big Sandy Tn . Hand me down green field jack and jeans . Had two doe walk a complete circle around me almost close enough to touch , never spooked . Year or so later I graduated to homemade camo . Hand me down white air force coveralls , I tried to cover by rubbing green walnut stain on them . Gave up and added some spray paint . Used them for a couple years bow hunting . Now perusing some Sitka !