Hunting buddies needed!

swd

I am incredibly blessed to have 2 close friends that have been a major part of my life since we were children. We grew up together, have raised families together, hang out together, and hunt together. At 50 years old, there aren't many people that still have those old relationships.

All that said, we have varying ideas of how we enjoy hunting. One of the guys owns some acreage that we all hunt together and have amazing times on. The other guy and I have been in leases together and are starting a new one this year. Great times!

I like hunting ag land and field edges, BUT I also love seeing new and different areas, getting into the woods and away from the truck. They aren't really into that.

I have discovered that while I like all of those things, I don't like going alone. I am glad to separate during the hunt (or not), but I prefer having someone to hang out with back at the campfire. I don't enjoy camping alone.

I'd love to do some weekends in middle or east TN or even in some of the northern counties of West TN. I just get bored and unmotivated coming back to an empty campsite.

Anyone else out there looking for a camping/hiking buddy to share a deer camp with on public land?

Spurhunter

I prefer having someone to hang out with back at the campfire. I don't enjoy camping alone. I just get bored and unmotivated coming back to an empty campsite.
It used to not bother me. I'd camp 3 days a week by myself during deer season and enjoy every minute. But lately I'm not enjoying it. My son is addicted to duck hunting and doesn't deer hunt much anymore. None of the guys in my club camp during deer season. I miss firing up the grill, sitting around the campfire, and telling tall tales like deer camps used to be.

Carlos

I know the feeling. Several of the guys who always camped with us have aged into their 60's and 70's. The rest of us are in our 40's and a couple still hunt, but most the whole group has quit hunting all together.

Are you on Facebook?

swd

I know the feeling. Several of the guys who always camped with us have aged into their 60's and 70's. The rest of us are in our 40's and a couple still hunt, but most the whole group has quit hunting all together.

Are you on Facebook?
This is about as close to social media as I get. I guess that is a bit contradictory for a guy that wants socialization in camp ;)

Gravey

It used to not bother me. I'd camp 3 days a week by myself during deer season and enjoy every minute. But lately I'm not enjoying it. My son is addicted to duck hunting and doesn't deer hunt much anymore. None of the guys in my club camp during deer season. I miss firing up the grill, sitting around the campfire, and telling tall tales like deer camps used to be.
I look forward more to the BS around the campfire with buddies than I do the hunt. I live an hour and a half from the lease so I can't just get up and be there in a few minutes. Camping by yourself just plain out sucks!

Good luck in your quest!

Carlos

This is about as close to social media as I get. I guess that is a bit contradictory for a guy that wants socialization in camp ;)
I gotcha.
The reason I asked is there's several Facebook groups for various wma's across the state. Those can be a good place to setup a camp/hunt with other groups who hunt near you.

Snake

I look forward more to the BS around the campfire with buddies than I do the hunt. I live an hour and a half from the lease so I can't just get up and be there in a few minutes. Camping by yourself just plain out sucks!

Good luck in your quest!
I was going to recommend @gasman & @RUGER but since you posted that pic I just dunno ☺

killingtime 41

I understand only time we get together is on quota hunts.that's only twice a year. everyone meeting back at camp is what makes it a blast. Everyone talking about what they seen while out. And everything else that go's with it. I would like to do it more often. Most of the year I hunt by myself. Due to other peoples times being different when they can go. And outside of a quota hunt. No WMA's to really camp and hunt that's not a major trip for us.

TXtoTN

I am incredibly blessed to have 2 close friends that have been a major part of my life since we were children. We grew up together, have raised families together, hang out together, and hunt together. At 50 years old, there aren't many people that still have those old relationships.

All that said, we have varying ideas of how we enjoy hunting. One of the guys owns some acreage that we all hunt together and have amazing times on. The other guy and I have been in leases together and are starting a new one this year. Great times!

I like hunting ag land and field edges, BUT I also love seeing new and different areas, getting into the woods and away from the truck. They aren't really into that.

I have discovered that while I like all of those things, I don't like going alone. I am glad to separate during the hunt (or not), but I prefer having someone to hang out with back at the campfire. I don't enjoy camping alone.

I'd love to do some weekends in middle or east TN or even in some of the northern counties of West TN. I just get bored and unmotivated coming back to an empty campsite.

Anyone else out there looking for a camping/hiking buddy to share a deer camp with on public land?
I'm new to TN, I live in Southeast TN. looking for a deer hunting buddies and or to get onto a lease.

Buzzard Breath

I'm game.

Similar situation, different circumstances. I've got some great hunting buddies but since moving to middle TN I've have grown somewhat bored hunting the same places over and over. Going on some new adventures or revisiting some old haunts would do me some good.

I'll shoot you a PM.

Tweeter

Good luck in your quest!
Duck hunt! You can be and hunt at the same time!