Hunting boots ?

southernhunter

My rubber lacrosse boots are about done for , I really liked them because they had the side zipper and was easy to get on and off, before is buy another pair . I like to hear what y'all like or wear for hunting ?

ghosthunter

I wear a little bit of everything. Danner pronghorns mostly, but not if it's going to be wet because water will leak through. I really believe that just about all gor-tex will leak. I did purchase some kenetrek grizzly pac boots for the cooler weather so I'll see how those fair.

Tennessee Lead

Rubber boots I really like mucks. I have a pair of muck woody elites. I really like those for colder weather. Got them from GNB about three years ago no complaints. Just bought a pair of Rocky prowler elites in a lace up and I am liking how they feel. And the soles are very aggressive and that is a must for these big hills and hollers.

Blue Dogs

All I hunt in is Rubber. I have worn only lacrosse for the last 15 yrs. Needed a new pair due to ripping them in an old clear cut looking for a deer during Juvi, and tried on every pair in the store just to go back to the original lacrosse burly boot. i also wear a burly with 800 gram when it gets below freezing. I dont think you can go wrong with rubber.

southernhunter

Blue Dogs said:
All I hunt in is Rubber. I have worn only lacrosse for the last 15 yrs. Needed a new pair due to ripping them in an old clear cut looking for a deer during Juvi, and tried on every pair in the store just to go back to the original lacrosse burly boot. i also wear a burly with 800 gram when it gets below freezing. I dont think you can go wrong with rubber.
i really liked my burly boots ,except I felt they was a bit bulky on the toe . I believe I'll buy another pair.

southernhunter

I broke down and orderd another pair of lacrosse side zip boots, really wanted to try a pair of mucks but their just way too small for my calfs with pants tucked in , if this pair last like my others I'll be happy

pick-a-spot

Having to find wide sizes makes it hard to find a good rubber boot.
Until yesterday. Tried on a pair of Irish Setter "Rutmaster" boots and they fit great.
Going to give them some scouting exercise to test them before season. Hope they hold up.
Have purchased the Danner "Pronghorn" (also in wide) and found them to be excellent hunting boots. No issues with leaking.
Do prefer rubber in early season to keep scent down while scouting.

MObowman

I use mostly my lacrosse mudlite snake boots but when it gets cold then I have a pair if redhead ultra hunter side zip gortex boots that are light as heck and warm

dsa5455

Muck boots! They are durable, comfortable and when they begin to stink from sweat I fill a clean trash can full of water and scent killer soap and immerse them along with other bulky items such as my safety harness. I then hang them upside down to drain. After a couple of hours I put a small fan in front of them for some air circulation. Once dry they smell like new. I will do this several times during the season. As for pulling them off I use diabetes socks that I buy at Dollar General. Don't know why it makes them come off so easy but they will slide off your feet even if the boots are completely soaked with sweat. I know this an older post but I have not been on in a while.

Latest posts