Hunting Boots

infoman jr.

I'm in my Muck Wetlands pretty much all season if I'm not walking many hills. If I'm doing a lot of walking like at Ft. Knox, I'm on season 10 or 11 in my Rocky Lynx. I've had my Mucks for 7 years and have finally worn a hole in the heel fabric.

stik

LSUtigers said:
I can get 10 yrs out of a pair of Rocky Bearclaws, hunt 50+ days a season, not all 50 in them but I do wear them alot because im cold natured.

the sole crumbled in less than 2 years on my last pair of rocky bear claws. notice I said last pair. I bought lacross the last time and they are leaking after 3 years. i'll be buying new boots before long.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
That is pretty strange.
I bought a VERY expensive pair of Bearclaws.
Can't remember how much thinsulate they had but it was alot.

Same thing, sole crumbled and fell apart.

As with you, that was my LAST pair of Rocky's.

holstonangler

I had a friend give me an oversized walmart hunting boots and with a lot of hiking and put artic shield boot covers on them, my feet stay warm when its cold. They've lasted for 5 years. They probably sell for probably 40 bucks, hard to beat them for the money, or maybe I just got lucky?

easy45

I use the muck wetland for early season but I can't afford the insulated mucks so I just use lacrosse alpha burleys I've had for a few years, they work fine

AT Hiker

trealtree said:
After weeks of research I went with the Lowa GTX Hunter Extreme. They should be here tomorrow and I will report further on what I think.

Lowa Tibet GTX for me (good for heavy packs). I also use Merrell's (good for low weight bearing style hunting), both brands are great for hiking/active style hunting or mild weather hunting.

These are non-insulated boots that I use but I use a high quality merino wool sock like Smart Wool.