How would you rate your deer season.
Great
Poor
Worst ever
Best season ever
About the same

Snake

Snake

Blessed . Didn't kill the quality of bucks I (lost my lease)I normally have a chance at but did get three in the freezer , well parts of three I gave a lot away . Haven't hunted any since opening weekend of gun due to an injury and that kinda was a downer but overall ok .

Kirk

Kirk

Average season for me. I had a lot of chances to kill deer and just let them walk. No truly big bucks seen so far.

Andy S.

Andy S.

Pretty good overall. Seen a fair amount of deer this year, got skunked very few times, saw several bucks over 120" and let a really nice mainframe 10 point (estimated at 3.5 and 135") walk. I killed 3 does with bow, 1 doe with MZer, 1 doe and 1 mature buck (4.5+) with rifle. I am still gunning for another doe or two before season ends due to some friends requesting venison. I am grateful for this season and thankful I was able to participate another fall without any injuries or anything like that.

P

poorhunter

Pretty good I guess. First time in I don't know how long I didn't kill anything with my bow, but did kill two bucks and two does with gun. Found out I kinda like using a rifle to kill deer with...sure a lot easier :tu:

fairchaser

fairchaser

Andy S.":3iri9ehx said:
Pretty good overall. Seen a fair amount of deer this year, got skunked very few times, saw several bucks over 120" and let a really nice mainframe 10 point (estimated at 3.5 and 135") walk. I killed 3 does with bow, 1 doe with MZer, 1 doe and 1 mature buck (4.5+) with rifle. I am still gunning for another doe or two before season ends due to some friends requesting venison. I am grateful for this season and thankful I was able to participate another fall without any injuries or anything like that.

You had a great season Andy! You might not be done yet. Thanks for letting that 10 pointer walk so I can shoot him next year. :lol: Congrats on your season and most of all for keeping healthy.

Ladys man

Ladys man

Idk only hunted maybe 6 times this year but seen deer on half my hunts never even got to hunt rifle (new job training different hours so don’t even try) and got a 6pt so I’d say it was OK BUT nothing better

T

TIGGREM2

I had a great season ! 1 during archery 1 during muzzleloader and 1 during gun season Never shot three in one season so this was a first .

fairchaser

fairchaser

My season was mixed. I had some early success killing two does during archery. Then I killed a mature buck 4.5 with a ML but he wasn’t the buck I thought he was. Then I did kill the buck I was after when I shot the first buck with a rifle and he was judged by Ames to be younger than I believed he was based on my history of pictures. Nevertheless, he was a nice buck scoring 123 2/8. Then I wanted one more doe but wanted to make sure I didn’t kill a button buck or a hair liner buck so I went back to a crossbow for only close range shots. I passed two doe I wasn’t sure about then finally cleanly killed a doe that turned into a button buck. I through in the towel at that point. But I’m thankful for the successes and still learning from the mistakes. I had no misses and cleanly killed 5 deer. Like Andy, I feel fortunate to get through the season healthy. Also I got to see this up and comer from the stand and I’m hoping to see again in a year or two.

Attachments

• 53782301-F716-4F8E-A08A-3E37B9DBCEBB.jpeg
    53782301-F716-4F8E-A08A-3E37B9DBCEBB.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1,211
B

Bucky

TIGGREM2":1b6t7zwr said:
I had a great season ! 1 during archery 1 during muzzleloader and 1 during gun season Never shot three in one season so this was a first .

:tu:

D

DMD (formerly pastorbmp)

I'd say a little below average. Extremely slow movement during bow season. Things picked up end of bow season through first week of muzzle loader. I passed about 14 bucks during that portion of season. Then...bottom fell out. Saw very few deer from 2nd week of muzzle loader till now. But, I was blessed to kill a doe and a 10 point buck.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

catman529

catman529

Great, been a good one for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

S

Smo

Worst year for deer sightings since I moved here in 09'.

The high point was, I was with my 12 yo Grandson when he killed his 2nd deer.

It was the 2nd day of the Juvenile hunt, A nice fat Doe.

He hunted with his Dad the 1st day and killed his 1st , another nice fat doe.

He thought he was Jim Shockey then.... LOL