How would you like this job?

Dodge Man

Supporter
Mr. Vaughn estimates that, since he began keeping track in 2007, he has eaten at more than 600 barbecue joints in the country, with more than 500 of those being in Texas.

I would say he is going to be a "little" biased to Texas style BBQ. All the article talked about is Texas style BBQ and brisket.

Vermin93

I would love that job. The job I might sell my soul for is Guy Fieri's job. That would be heaven on earth for me.

Best barbecue brisket: Texas

Best barbecue ribs: Kansas City, runners up Memphis and St. Louis

Best barbecue pork: Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama, Mississippi, North Carolina. Pretty much anywhere in the "South".

Dodge Man

Supporter
Poser said:
Dodge Man said:
Mr. Vaughn estimates that, since he began keeping track in 2007, he has eaten at more than 600 barbecue joints in the country, with more than 500 of those being in Texas.

I would say he is going to be a "little" biased to Texas style BBQ. All the article talked about is Texas style BBQ and brisket.

Well, the magazine that hired him is called "Texas Monthly"

I didn't catch that part, I just skimmed through the article and assumed it was for a National mag or newspaper.

Vermin93

Poser said:
Well, the magazine that hired him is called "Texas Monthly"

It's a pretty good magazine. It always has a few really good recipes and it has led me to some great family owned and operated restaurants that I would have never known about. There are some real barbecue gems in a lot of the smaller Texas towns around the State. As you might expect, the key is to get out of the big cities and get out into the countryside. Now I am really hungry. I would love to get paid to do something like eat and write about barbeque.

Latest posts