How often do you practice with . . .

duckduck84

duckduck84

It depends on schedule but I try to shoot at least 50-100 rounds a month. Various distances and drills. We do alot of dry fire exercises at home as well.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

B

BlackBelt

I never have the time to get to the range, and handgun practice out in the woods during deer season is a no-go.
So I bought one of those LaserLyte systems and practice in the house.
No, it is not the same as live fire. But handling the noise and recoil is ingrained already. I just needed something to keep my targeting skills up to par. The LaserLyte system does that for me.
In the springtime I will get back to live fire in the woods again.

pressfit

pressfit

Chaneylake":qam0vhsc said:
pressfit":qam0vhsc said:

any particular reason
My carry pistol is a naa 22 magnum.. you can't hit the side of a barn with it.. if someone is with 20 feet of me I could hit them no problem.. as far as target practice with it.. you can't expect much with a 1 inch barrel.. I do carry a 45 in my truck and a 40 in my car.. I've shot both of them so much I don't ever think about target practice with them..

S

Stingray

Chaneylake":349bhj6m said:
Your carry pistol

currently I am sending 20 rounds down range every other day
I’m gonna say at least 95% of folks with carry permits never practice with the firearm they carry. I often ask people I know that carry the same question, and always get the same answer, never. They will be sorry if they ever need to use it

duckduck84

duckduck84

Stingray":1wf7awmh said:
Chaneylake":1wf7awmh said:
Your carry pistol

currently I am sending 20 rounds down range every other day
I’m gonna say at least 95% of folks with carry permits never practice with the firearm they carry. I often ask people I know that carry the same question, and always get the same answer, never. They will be sorry if they ever need to use it
Or they think that standing on a square range and sending 50 rounds somewhere, anywhere on a target is training.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

T

TnTurk

About a dozen men(and one woman) from our church, including our preacher, spent about 3 hours this afternoon on a range working on drills and skills that hopefully we will never need. Had a good time and great fellowship.
This looks like it may be something we do a few times a month. Better to be somewhat prepared than to be caught totally off guard. However, I don't think one could be completely prepared for such a traumatic experience as a mass shooting or terrorist attack. Remember, when you pull your weapon, you have to be 100% ready to take another human beings life.

driver

driver

I had been going to a indoor rang and shooting a couple times a month. But that was getting a little boring and I thought it was not enough training for a real situation. A couple of months ago I started shooting in IDPA matches. It is a great way to get some trigger time and make it fun. We shoot twice a month at an indoor range.

E

eddie c

duckriver":1jt2vt5y said:
Deer Assassin":1jt2vt5y said:
not enough

Same here

Same. mostly because of time and some of it is cost of ammo. most of my practice time is done while at the range checking zero on the deer rifle. after checking and if safe to do so (ex: lack of others at the range), I will shoot a couple of boxes. sometimes coming out of the woods I will unload a clip or 2 into a stump at the parking area (private land).