How many times did you get to hunt

G

GRIT

Mornings and evenings about how many times do you think you got to go deer hunting this year.Our how many hours do you think you sit in the stand.
I guess i had around 30 hours of hunting give or take 10 hours either way

Roost 1

Roost 1

Hunted almost everyday in Nov., several weekends in sept and oct. couple weekends in dec. don’t really want to know how many hours on stand. Usually really enjoy Jan hunting but didn’t go but 1 evening this yr.

Tennessee Lead

Tennessee Lead

9 mornings stayed in the stand each time but one from daylight till 10:00-1:30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kimber45

Kimber45

Hunted maybe 24 hours total... jumped up 2 deer .. didn’t shoot a thing. Absolutely awesome compared to last year. Loved every minute I sat in a stand.

T

TNTreeman

Supporter
Very lucky to get to hunt some in October and at least 5 days a week from Nov till the end of the season. Hunted mostly evenings and avg 2 to 4 hrs per day. Never fired a shot or arrow but had a great season. Saw multiple bobcats catch mice and a dove and eat it rt in front of me. Saw my 3 target bucks from cameras multiple times and gave them all passes till next year. Meant to take some does but it never worked out. I love the whole process of the hunt , the food plots, and the trail cams. The kill is by no means the determination of success to me.

B

BlackBelt

Not enough. This year I mostly took new hunters (all adults) hunting for their first time so I didnt personally hunt very much.
I was just happy if they remembered to not slam the truck doors when closing them...

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
My son and I drove to our spot Thanksgiving morning about 7:30 a.m.
Got out and walked to the top of the hill and eased to the edge of the woods.
Looked at 2 does out in the field.
I looked at him and said, well we could kill a deer if we wanted to so I guess that counts as a hunt.
He said, yep.
Turned around walked back to the truck and went and got breakfast.
One and only trip of the year for me.

T

THEdonkey0515

I'll say I hit the woods Around 30 times.

Probably hunted less in rifle season this year then I ever have. I only Went 4 times I can think of.

A

Ahuntin1

More than I would like to count. I hunt at a minimum 4 times a week once muzleloader opens until it season closes. I did not go yesterday evening because of a meeting at church and it felt weird. I think I only missed 2 afternoons since christmas.

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
Probably somewhere between 40-50 trips this past year. Very few sits where I didn't see deer and managed to kill 4 does ( all I wanted ) and a 11 pt buck which was my biggest ever. Also managed to kill 2 coyotes and saw several others as well as one bobcat sighting.

R

Redwing

Once, that's it! Lost my lease of 30 years. Not sure who was more depressed, me or the Mrs. She may be looking for another piece of property harder than me. (not sure if that's good thing or a bad). ;)

duckduck84

duckduck84

I went a good bit this year. Normal was 2-4 hours a sit with a couple all day ones thrown in. I'd say I sat around 80 hours on stand.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Lincoln Co Archer

Lincoln Co Archer

3 sits during muzzleloader and 2 during rifle. Was lucky enough to tag out on my biggest to date, but I feel like I didn't even go hunting this year.

Spurhunter

Spurhunter

Supporter
I can't even guess. I work 4 tens so if my math is correct, I had 38 off days from November 4 to January 7. Plus 3 company holidays and 7 vacation days. I hunted most of those 48 days. It sounds bad when you say it like that. No wonder my girlfriend says I'm obsessed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Kirk

Kirk

I hunted a bunch. I would guess about 100 hours and saw lots of deer. I am really picky so I didn't pull the trigger this year. My average hunt is about 3 hours.

Jcalder

Jcalder

Supporter
I think I had 31 hunts. Somewhere around 120 hours and seen 5 deer all season.

G

gobblesandgrunts

How do you guys go so much and stay so long? Not married and no kids? I got a 4 year old and a 1 year old and I got to hunt around 12 morning hunts usually until around 9am and a handful of afternoon hunts from around 2:30-3 to dark. And for the guys that do have kids when does it get easier to go? Lol