How many games will the Vols win?

Jon54

Vols were placed too high in the seeding. They seem to have been better early than late. I've not really followed them other than reading comments here. Now my Memphis Tigers went 3-1in the SEC and their lone loss was against Baja at Baja by 3. We beat Ol Miss, TX AM and Auburn. We also beat Houston in conference tourny and ended up an 8 seed while Kenpom has us at 19.

PalsPal

After sleeping on it, I need to give props to Key and Mashack. They had 12 and 11 respectively. Mashack made some crucial shots when the screws tightened after they made their run. For a guy who hasn't played much this year, that was big.

Don't understand why we didn't pound it inside more after it worked early on.

Lastly, the officiating kills me, and I know it goes both ways. Plas has guys hanging off of both arms, but gets a tied ball called? And I'd really like to know the sequence where our asst coach gets a T, followed by their head coach getting one also. That was bizarre.

Displaced_Vol

I stayed up and am exhausted this morning.
I am all for a lot of these kids on this team, want them to go far, but the no shows amongst so many seniors is mind boggling. Key played pretty well but he had moments where he could have shut the door on this one and couldn't do it. Uros played better than his average so that's a positive I guess. The real bright side is Mashack.
He is doing a more than admirable job when we ask him to be the ball handler and has improved his offense tremendously.
It's wild in todays game to see a kid that's wide open, actually drive as close to the basket as he can and still have an open shot, then knock it down… on a Vols Board somebody named him Midrange Mashack

PalsPal

It's wild in todays game to see a kid that's wide open, actually drive as close to the basket as he can and still have an open shot, then knock it down… on a Vols Board somebody named him Midrange Mashack

I like that. It's obvious that he isn't comfortable being a stationary jump shooter. I'm just glad he has the "want to" to be aggressive offensively.

James has the physical skills but just lacks the killer mentality.

Displaced_Vol

I like that. It's obvious that he isn't comfortable being a stationary jump shooter. I'm just glad he has the "want to" to be aggressive offensively.

James has the physical skills but just lacks the killer mentality.

Mashack reminds me of the backcourt version of Yves Pons. Freaky athletic, loves to play defense & improving offensively.

wayne

First off, 9:40 eastern tipoff times are ridiculous. There's no excuse for games starting later than 8:30 other than overtime games.
JJJ needs to be running the offense and Vescovi running off picks for catch and shoots. James loves playing the "team first" role, so let him do it. He's not going to attack with the ball, so let him facilitate.
And once again, Barnes continues to sit on timeouts. Should have called one before the lead got cut from 18 to 10. Should have been 20+ lead at the half but Vescovi was benched for 12 minutes with 2 fouls. Trust the veterans. It's win or go home. It would be absurd to lose with Vescovi or other key players with less than 30 minutes playing time without fouling out.

K-dub

I figure that Duke will beat us by 20 plus. And after watching Duke last night, good chance they win it all. Hope Kentucky gets beat today and Alabama loses tomorrow, them boys need to rest up for trial.

Gravey

Now my Memphis Tigers went 3-1in the SEC and their lone loss was against Baja at Baja by 3. We beat Ol Miss, TX AM and Auburn. We also beat Houston in conference tourny and ended up an 8 seed while Kenpom has us at 19.
Apparently those W's didn't help them in round 1 😝 It's ok though as the Vols are probably going down later today. 😬😂

PS…still liking that knife 👍

Jon54

Apparently those W's didn't help them in round 1 😝 It's ok though as the Vols are probably going down later today. 😬😂

PS…still liking that knife 👍
Memphis is a team cobbled together as Penny fought the NCAA over the Wiseman crap. Most of our team were transfers. Fl Atlantic was better than a 9 seed but when you get to the tournament you never know. Onto next year.

PalsPal

I figure that Duke will beat us by 20 plus. And after watching Duke last night, good chance they win it all. Hope Kentucky gets beat today and Alabama loses tomorrow, them boys need to rest up for trial.

No lie, after seeing your post, I thought "we got this" 😄 !

Of course, I wasn't man enough to say something before the game.

Displaced_Vol

That was the best we've played since Alabama at home. Maybe even better because that defensive intensity was consistent all game long.

Displaced_Vol

Also limiting their runs. I think the longest run Duke had was 9-0. The Cajuns on Thursday went for hat 13 or 15 straight or something?
We stopped a couple of their runs before they got out of hand and that was huge.