How long does it take for deer to

Bone Collector

find a mineral site?

that salt lick thread got me thinking. I just set up two sites on my place and cant tell if they have found them yet. put a camera over one last weekend and only had 11 pics on there today. I didn't pull the card yet.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Too many variables. I have had them start hitting it in one day and I have had them never hit it. Mostly depends on location and need in my opinion.

I'm sure you will get all the advice and information you need in the following posts.

BAMA BOW MERKER

Like Bowriter said, I've had it start almost immediately and sometimes it's been a bust. I would try to put corn or something around it after a few weeks.

catman529

I put mine in a freshly made clearing among a web of regularly used deer trails. Cutting the clearing brought the deer in right away for fresh greenery. Took a couple weeks before they started to use the salt though. Now they are addicted to it.

Good time Charlie

I think the does hit early for minerals when they are pregnant...little bucks that are tagging along may hit it early
I am no expert on the subject ...just what I have observed...I am like many on here the deer just do not want corn right now.
All I have seen are out in the fields picking the small tender growth.

Bone Collector

Good time Charlie said:
I think the does hit early for minerals when they are pregnant...little bucks that are tagging along may hit it early
I am no expert on the subject ...just what I have observed...I am like many on here the deer just do not want corn right now.
All I have seen are out in the fields picking the small tender growth.

I have been putting some corn out and they have been tearing it up. well them, the coons, and crows. :D of course where my place is there are no Ag crops in the area and the acorns have been long gone.

Latest posts