How long do you give someone

ADR

ADR

I posted an item up for sale last month in the classified section and found a prospective buyer. We negotiated a deal last week and since then i have not heard from him. I want to honor my word on the deal and get this to him for his sons Christmas present but i do have other people interested. So.......how long do you give someone before you assume they’ve backed out on the deal.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
No way to know the situation but I do know if it is something I really want (something for my son) it wouldn't take me a month to buy it.

In fact, the deal would be sealed (paid for) the day I decided I wanted it.

Good luck and I would touch base with Kimber, he keeps pretty good notes (memory) if something like this has happened before with any particular member.
Usually about 2 crawfishes from the same member and they don't post in the classified forum anymore.

Jcalder

Jcalder

Supporter
Just dealt with that myself. Gave him my PayPal info and waited. And waited. And waited. Bout 3 days passed and it went back on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E

eddie c

unless prior agreement was made to wait and you can't contact him now, 48 hrs was more than enough.

after being done that way myself, now when I talk to someone about something I would like to buy, I tell the person up front 'if someone offers you the money before I get back to you , take it. if I snooze and lose that's my fault.'

rem270

rem270

Supporter
If I really want something and we can't get our schedules in order to meet up I at least stay in touch and even offer to pay for it ahead of time through PayPal or even sending a check. Even if I don't pay in advance I always stay in touch just to let the seller know I still want it. I expect the same in return.

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
If you haven't heard a really good explanation from the "buyer" in a week, don't feel a moment's guilt over moving on. I don't think a communication blackout for more than 3 days is very justifiable.

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter
Good luck on selling your item, whatever it may be. Reminds me of a deal I had worked out not long ago.

I don't do FB but my gf showed me a guy that had listed a large ground blind for 40 bucks (If my memory serves me), so I contacted him and made plans to drive over to him the next morning and get it.
We agreed on a time and place and I was there a few minutes early the next day. I waited, and I waited, and I waited some more. Tried to text/call, NOTHING. Me and the gf went down the road to a nearby restaurant to eat and I thought surely he will contact me by the time we got done. NOTHING!! I drove home pizzed.......this was a 70 mile round trip and never heard from him again, not an apology or nothing. To top it off, we ate the worst food I have ever eat at a restaurant while waiting to hear from him. Point is, people are inconsiderate sometimes when its much easier to just let someone know if you have changed your mind.

Snake

Snake

I've dealt with several members on here with no problems mostly bought but did sell one item but no way did it take bear that long .

GreyGoose

GreyGoose

i try to pay for item as soon as possible and meet when convenient for both parties............ So not to hijack but what is your take on agreeing on a deal then backing out?i had to pass on a gun recently that i said ok to but had to back out due to a unforeseen circumstance.i could have continued deal but it would have put a strain on me.(sorry kimber)

B

Bucky

Good luck and I would touch base with Kimber, he keeps pretty good notes (memory) if something like this has happened before with any particular member

Sound advice.

edtcase

edtcase

With me, 48 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

brass magnet

I try to set up a meet as soon as possible, or Pay Pal and wait. The first time I did that the wife asked" What if he doesn't send it?" Ijust looked at her and said he's on tndeer, he'll send it! Two days later the brown car of joy pulled up, tndeer is good people. Being retired does give me the chance to go when and where ever. Having said that, if I don't get a response to a text or PM saying you have 2 hours to respond, it's back a the market.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
greygoose":1r3hu0cw said:
So not to hijack but what is your take on agreeing on a deal then backing out?i had to pass on a gun recently that i said ok to but had to back out due to a unforeseen circumstance.i could have continued deal but it would have put a strain on me.

Personally, in a situation like that communication (ASAP) is the key.
I had the exact same thing happen to me.
I committed to buy a rifle from a member and then I simply could not buy it.
I explained the situation to the guy and he was like I understand and he just put it back up for sale.
I will admit it made me feel ALOT better when it sold (again) but he couldn't have been nicer.

Every situation is different and anything can happen to anyone, the key is, does it happen more than once.