How far we've come...y'all remember

TX300mag

Late 90's I killed a 120" 8 point (3.5yo). I was 17 or 18 at the time. They even called a wildlife officer over and he took a bunch of measurements and tooth aged it. People were texting friends. I felt like the best hunter that had ever existed.

Actually kind of a funny story. Got to my stand - folding chair had 3 inches of ice in it. Every move made noises. I got mad and threw it down about 7:30 and started walking out. Made it about 15 yards - Heard a noise coming through the brush. I could see antlers. He popped up on to the logging road at maybe (8?) yards.

All I could see in the scope was a brown blur. He went down instantly.

Tried every way I knew how to screw it up!
Don't you mean "beeping" friends? 🤭

Shanman

Ha! Thats hilarious. Funny how memory works. I guess texting is just so common these days my brain remembers a lie.

Now that I think about it, I don't have a clue how people were getting the word out. Town crier maybe.
I wasn't going to say anything.... 😆
I remember driving from Knoxville to Perry County every 3rd wknd just to check 5 35mm cameras. Then driving home fast as I could to drop the film off for development. Like a kid at Christmas I would open the envelope and find the whole roll of film was used up on bright sunny empty woods. 🤣 One bright side back then was you could afford gas and a roll of Copenhagen had 10 cans, not 5.

Latest posts