How do you identify areas that are good to search?

dsa5455

For starts, I would put a couple of game cameras up along creeks that border your property on both sides. I'm assuming they have water and are not dry beds.

sc8point

My farm has almost no relics in the small fields in the bottoms. I have found a few pieces in the small creek runs in the bottoms of the hollows. During logging I have found a few where the soil has been disturbed on the ridge tops. I would look for flint along the creek beds and banks. A slightly higher ground near the creeks is a possibility. Look after any rain especially eroded areas. I hope this helps a little.

DIRTTRAX

Look the creek beds over really well. Look for rock bars in the creeks. I'm in Henderson county also, depending where abouts you are the creeks around here are pretty sandy.

Cardinalskyhawk

I've always heard that if it looks like a place you would like to camp, native Americans would have camped there also.

Carlos

dsa5455":34myq60t said:
For starts, I would put a couple of game cameras up along creeks that border your property on both sides. I'm assuming they have water and are not dry beds.

I'm not following you here, but I doubt if the trail cams will capture anything to do with relics...?

Latest posts