How do you address someone?

Jon54

Say you are an ordained minister. Don’t have a phd but still pastor a church. Do you call the guy “Reverend”? Say that same guy runs for, and is elected US Senator. Do you call him Senator or Senator Reverend? Or simply Mr? Seems to me, he’s a man just like anyone. I’m a CPA and I don’t expect anyone to call me CPA Jon.

Jon54

Wait we are talkin about Warnock right?
yup. I don’t mean this to apply to all or most “Reverends”, my dad was one, but hes hiding behind the title and using it, imho, to promote earthly gains. In the few times I’ve heard him speak, I’ve seen no proclamation of faith or grace extended to Walker.

Popcorn

Supporter
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
He may be a devout Christian, but if you are running for Senator, drop the Reverend.
With the company he keeps? A true man of God would not associate with the public figure he associates with unless it was an exorcism. Besides the dems would have already de-robed or disowned him if he were a true and devoted Christian. Just another flamboyant con, a younger and smarter Rev. Jackson

Crow Terminator

Every REAL preacher I have ever known has been called Brother Smith or whatever his name is.

When they go to politics,,,,, well....
This!! And when they get too big for their britches, they want to be called Dr. if they go to seminary. Usually they can't preach their way out of a wet paper bag once they go through that.

RUGER

Supporter
2-Step Enabled
This!! And when they get too big for their britches, they want to be called Dr. if they go to seminary. Usually they can't preach their way out of a wet paper bag once they go through that.
I had a cousin (he is dead to me now) that made a preacher.
His mom worked in basically slave labor to send him off somewhere to school when he could have went just 13 miles down the road.
Don't know how many degrees and doctorates he ended up with.
The "smarter" he got the less he believed the bible.

I remember my dad, in his simple man kind of way, saying one time, "That boy done got so much education he's stupid."

K-dub

I personally don’t use or like titles. We don’t use them at our church for the reasons you just stated. The “ pastor “ is not called pastor by his mom or anyone else who knows them. My job has many people with rank and titles, including mine. I tell people to call me by my first name or last, not my rank. Granted there is a time for both and I think people know when that time is. People who insist on people calling them by their title or refer to their selves with the title want some sort of power or recognition in my opinion.

knightrider

I love the calling but cant stand the title, im the least of the least just trying to please God and help my people. When people set you up on a shelf because of your title they are setting you up for a hard fall!

rem270

Supporter
I was sitting at my buddy's restaurant one morning and the wife of the local veterinarian came in. She's a sweet lady and got to talking to us and my buddy said "is Mr. **** staying busy", she turned from sweet to snappy and said "his name is Dr. ****, he spent many years achieving that goal as a doctor and that's his title". We just sat there kinda flabbergasted and I told my buddy from now on I'll always refer to him by his first name, Harry.

UCStandSitter

Supporter
Warnock is as much a reverend as I am an astronaut. You can call yourself what you want but actions speak louder than words.

Latest posts