how did your season go?

TN TJ

I killed 3 deer this year. I was injured during bow so I sat it out, hunted muzzleloader but didn't see a lot of action and was sick during most of rifle season. Probably only spent less than 2 weeks in the woods this year.
I killed a 9pt and a doe during muzzleloader within 10 minutes of each other and my biggest ever during rifle (15pt).

So how's your season gone?

Attachments

• 12-2-17.jpg
    12-2-17.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,767

duckduck84

I had a good season. Most deer sightings I've ever had. I went out twice with a crossbow during muzzleloader and saw 2 good bucks and 2 does, all out of range. I will be purchasing a muzzleloader this summer lol

I killed a good doe in November on Black Friday.
Got a whoops button buck early December
And a doe last week of season.

My buddy got his first deer the week of Thanksgiving.

I didn't see any bucks after early November, but one of the guys and his 2 boys got 3 week before Thanksgiving.

Not a bad season for us at all.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

rem270

Congrats on a great season to you.

I killed my 2nd biggest to date and also 2 does.

Took my buddies daughter whose turned into my #1 hunting partner and she killed a spike and 3 does.

Was able to be a part of 5 kids on the late juvi hunt and although only 1 connected we had a great time and seen some deer.

megalomaniac

Average for me in TN, but great since my 15yo shot her first buck. She's passed up over 100 so far, wanted her first to be one to remember. Scored 150in on the dot, 22 pts. My 10 yo isn't as picky, and she got a doe and 2.5yo during juvie. But my season isn't over here in MS, still working on getting my son his first of the year.
d701870f6b20b357773f6a68d32fc3bc.jpg
9f68e89258b1b6c9f6c47cb1a779963a.jpg
fe8b97fe76afa595e541e02cc8f9c3f4.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

cozy23

Best season ever for me. Got my biggest buck and killed the most I ever have in a season. Almost tagged out Saturday afternoon had I gotten him in my scope on the first attempt.

1 buck and 3 does

b5081a39332c671332c93f7939a2b2d3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

jhardy

I didn't kill a single deer this year. Missed a nice 8, (sight in your rifle before you go out) lol. I wish I had put some meat in the freezer. But I can't complain really. I got to go several times. Watched the woods come alive. Learned a lot about the deer on my property. And saw several other critters. So I would say it was a success. Even though I didn't kill anything I had fun. It was a challenge and I learned some things.

monsterbuck07

Happy with the season. Killed three (2 does / buck) and passed up a lot of young bucks and does. The buck was my personal best.

Attachments

• IMG_6684.JPG
    IMG_6684.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,540

TX300mag

Public land hunting was above average. Saw lots of bucks, killed one and came really close to killing a second. I would say A.

Private land was ok, but hard to rate doe to limited hunting (I mainly hunted with kids). I'd give it a B.

Ohio always gets an A, even though this is the first year I haven't tried to shoot a buck.

Kids have a last minute opportunity to hunt in Texas this weekend. Hopefully it'll be productive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN Larry

Good year for my 10 year old son and I.

He killed a 5 pt with muzzleloader and a doe with a rifle. He also let several smaller bucks walk holding out for a bigger one and still has another chance this weekend.

I killed a nice 8 pt with a rifle and 147" 10 pt with a muzzleloader which is my biggest to date. I saw a ton of small bucks this year.

gunrunner

I saw fewer deer overall this year than usual.I was able to take a nice 8 point and a doe.However,I am worried a little about not seeing many deer.I hunt a crossing point and have averaged seeing 8 to 10 deer per sit in the past years.this year I did not average one per hunt.I hope that it is just a temporary local shift and they will bounce back next year.

csi-tech

I spoke to all of my friends. Most hunt with, or near me. In Dickson and Humphreys Counties it was nothing less than the best season ever absolutely stellar!. In Giles and Maury? It was........average if not a little below..

DRSJ35

Who wants to join "THE AINT KILLED SH** HUNTING CLUB." I am a honorary member of that group.If not the captain.But I did have a good time.I seen a few Bucks that if not killed will be really nice next season.I really do love the pursuit.And god willing i will be out there next year.And congrats to you all.

TheLBLman

I had a great season,
and the prospects for next year look even better.

By all appearances, there was a ton more young bucks surviving the past two seasons than I've ever seen happen before. I believe hunters statewide are going to see more 3 1/2 & 4 1/2-yr-old bucks in 2018 than ever before.

GRIT

Me my wife and my son got three 10 point bucks and two 8 points nothing huge but i think they were all 3 1/2 year old deer.So i would say great year

Latest posts