How cold has it been?

BamaProud

Supporter
...MARCH 2013 MONTHLY CLIMATE SUMMARY...

March 2013 yielded average temperatures well below normal across the entire Mid-South region. In fact, all official climate sites except Memphis ranked in the all-time top ten for coolest months of March. Jackson ranked fourth all-time, while Jonesboro and Tupelo ranked seventh all-time. As for Memphis, no top ten records were set. However, looking at climate records it seems that Memphis had the second coolest March in the last forty years. The year of 1996 was the coolest since 1973 in Memphis. Temperatures for the year remain at or just below normal. As for precipitation, all climate sites came in below normal with Jackson being the closest to normal with a departure of 0.90 inches below normal. The driest of the official stations was Jonesboro with a departure of 2.41 inches below normal. For the year, all climate sites remain above normal thanks in part to above normal rainfall in January. There was one significant snowfall event that produced four inches of snowfall at Jonesboro; all other sites received only a trace of snowfall. Below is the climate data that tells the story:
2013 March Climate summary

jb3

I could show you my March gas heating bill to show you how cold it was this month. It'd only compare to last year, but it's a big difference.

woodsman87

I haven't turned on the AC yet, and I can remember having mine worked on in late March last year because it wasn't working properly.

TAFKAP

woodsman87 said:
I haven't turned on the AC yet, and I can remember having mine worked on in late March last year because it wasn't working properly.

I had to my my grass weeds on March 1st last year, and was terrified of running over any small children my lawn may have swallowed.

Kingston

I had mowed 4 times by 4/4/12. Grass has not begun to grow yet this year.
And as I look out my window-there is 1" plus of snow on the ground and roads that has fallen since 2pm est.

Kingston

snow014_zps63a3f16c.jpg

Radford, Va
right now!!

Deer Whisperer

Kingston, I wish we were getting snow like that. My opinion is that if it's going to be cold, it might as well snow. I know it's weird but I love driving on snow and ice.

SilverFox

I sat in the truck and watched the guys fishing the Bassmaster Southern Open on Douglas Lake today. Truck said 43 and heavy rain with about a 15 mph wind. I didn't want to join them.

I'm sitting in the house with a jacket on and a cup of coffee. I cut the weeds yesterday with a jacket on.

Ready for spring is an understatement.