• Help Support TNDeer:

House Builders

Displaced_Vol

I know most all the guys in the trades around here are booked out months if not a year plus. Just be prepared but good luck and let us know how it goes. Don’t know if we’ll ever build or not but it’s definitely a possibility.

PalsPal

I know most all the guys in the trades around here are booked out months if not a year plus. Just be prepared but good luck and let us know how it goes.
I was going to mention the time factor.

He might want to be looking at possible temporary living arrangements for a few months be it renting, camper, inlaws or parents, etc.

My daughter and son-in-law are planning to build in the near future on some property they have owned for a while. They listed their house at a greatly inflated price, and had an offer within a week.

It's going to be a while before they can build, but they were fortunate to find a house to rent not too far from their property. My son-in-law will be his own contractor.

Displaced_Vol

I was going to mention the time factor.

He might want to be looking at possible temporary living arrangements for a few months be it renting, camper, inlaws or parents, etc.

My daughter and son-in-law are planning to build in the near future on some property they have owned for a while. They listed their house at a greatly inflated price, and had an offer within a week.

It's going to be a while before they can build, but they were fortunate to find a house to rent not too far from their property. My son-in-law will be his own contractor.
Parents are remodeling, not by choice and it’s been tough. Had a burst waterline while they were visiting us one weekend. And of course the better they are, the farther they are booked out.

That sounds ideal, good for them. I had briefly considered trying to do the same thing because one day we’ll likely want to get into something bigger, but couldn’t figure out what to do in the meantime. Plus we’re pretty rural so no guarantee our place would bring the premium some places are seeing.

bobbuck

David May. His company is 3D Construction. He built the Huge house out on Hwy 11, Across from Anatole. Actually he built several in Anatole also.

Hymie3

I’m in the construction industry as a supplier and have relationships with many. Only would let two or three of those build my house. Brian Orr lives in birch wood and builds in grove park in Cleveland and on nopone road lately. I have built a house with him before. Honest, trustworthy and reasonable. Highly recommend

CATCHDAWG

I’m in the construction industry as a supplier and have relationships with many. Only would let two or three of those build my house. Brian Orr lives in birch wood and builds in grove park in Cleveland and on nopone road lately. I have built a house with him before. Honest, trustworthy and reasonable. Highly recommend
I was in a home just yesterday doing routine maintenance on a couple of a hvac units in Grove Park. I was underneath and in the attic, very well built home!

wildlifelover

Huntaholic

Good Luck! If you can find a builder right now that can get to you in the next 6 months, you might want to think twice about using that builder! Any builder, logger, dirt mover, you name it, right now that can get to you is probably not worth having.

flyinpro

Supporter
I’m very happy I have been living in my new house for 13 months. I’ve had two people approach me about building them one even though materials are almost where the current gov wants It. Slows the exit from liberal states. Just like 82 & 07 the market tanked. This time it could be worse for the next four years there won’t be a president that understands it or gives a crap about the cost of living or housing costs. Reagan fixed it in the mid 80’s & Clinton got some help from Congress and he helped get costs in check after Bush 1 allowed taxes to skyrocket.

I have a contractors license in retirement & might bring it out to help my son build one & me another next year. But the prices for material is here to stay but labor will be cheaper and more plentiful next summer when inflation hits 6-6.5% and it’s approaching 5% now. Soon as the free money runs out and food it still high, it’ll be game on.

Latest posts