House broke into...

44fanatic

R.I.P.
Just got back from my wifes grandmothers funeral in KY and find our house has been broken into. They rifled through the master bedroom drawers so my wife feels violated. They found the keys to the gun cabinet and got my Ruger Super Blackhawk and Marlin 1894 (both 44mag) but left all of the other rifles and shotguns. Fortuneately they didnt find the reset keys for the digital handgun safe with my fathers Ruger P85. They also got my wifes controlled prescription meds and some of her jewelery, most of it holding sentimental value, some change and a pocket/fillet knife that belonged to my grandfather.

Im thinking that whoever was in the house has been in here before. They managed to come in an unlocked 2nd story window.

Ive got the serial number to the Ruger, but not the Marlin. The police have the info, so I am hoping they turn up in a pawn shop.

Almost tempted to put a sign up in the front yard "you didnt get them all...wanna try again?".

If you are in the Clarksville pawnshops, be on the lookout for a Stainless Ruger Super Blackhawk, SN: 88-30186 and a Marlin 1894, the front sling ring/forend ring that has a broken screw.

Pic IN the Casa

Man I hate that. Sounds eerily familiar to our break-in. Guns, jewelry and prescription meds. Good luck and prayers for your family.

RUGER

Supporter
2-Step Enabled
Sounds alot like a "friend" that knew where you were. :(

Sure am sorry about that man.

@fulldraw

Hate it for you, but you are right. Most likely someone you know instead of a stranger. Hope you get your stuff back.

Rebel

Supporter
Hey 44, you said you had a feeling that it was someone who has been in the house before? Did you post on the internet anywhere that you were headed to a funeral? Did anyone else let on about the funeral? May be a good place to start in regard to narrowing down a list of suspects. It does sound very odd that they picked and chose what guns to take.

Nimrod777

Supporter
Local papers, radio, and the signs in front of funeral homes can all broadcast when you will be out of the house. Risky business when local thieves have a working brain.

44fanatic

R.I.P.
Rebel said:
Hey 44, you said you had a feeling that it was someone who has been in the house before? Did you post on the internet anywhere that you were headed to a funeral? Did anyone else let on about the funeral? May be a good place to start in regard to narrowing down a list of suspects. It does sound very odd that they picked and chose what guns to take.

I have a 16yr old daughter in the house, that is where we think the association is. No posting on our absence. We are thinking it may be someone living with one of our neighbors who brings in oddballs to help him pay his mortgage. My daughter has been down to that house a few times helping them with their kids.

Outdoor life

Terrible. From the way it sounds, it was someone that has been in the house before. Probably stole the items for fast money now, so hide your keys and other items in a different location, because they may strike again when your gone.