Food Plots Hot, dry spell

BSK

For western Middle TN, Thursday (today) through Saturday looks like the best bet for rain for the next two weeks.

WilcoKen

Has anybody noticed maple trees dying ot stressed? Im seeing several that have limbs that were healthy turning brown. A few completely dying.

backyardtndeer

Have had less than half an inch of rain here since the first of June. Could see showers across the highway one day last week. Drove through rain in Humboldt on my way to Jackson yesterday morning, not a drop here. Broadcast eagle soybeans over the weekend with rain in the forecast almost every day this week. Haven't gotten a drop.

WilcoKen

Surprised some of y'all don't rent a tanker and a water pump, or drill a well.
I hooked up my well this past weekend. For the yard and garden its been awesome. Cant get it to my sunflower plot though. It's about a total loss. Oh well.

BSK

Although Nashville has received considerably more rain than my place in Humphreys County, it's still very dry in the SW corner of Davidson County. I was hiking in Percy and Edwin Warner parks this morning, and on the high, rocky ridge-tops, it looked like fall. Trees are dropping so many dry leaves the trails were completely covered. Also noticed all the persimmons are dropping their fruit.

BSK

U.S. Drought Monitor forecast suggests drought in Western TN will get worse before it gets better, but long-range forecasts have it mitigating by the end of August and gone completely by end of October. Since my summer plots are already a disaster, now I'm just worried about getting fall rains for fall food plots.

wildlifefarmer

U.S. Drought Monitor forecast suggests drought in Western TN will get worse before it gets better, but long-range forecasts have it mitigating by the end of August and gone completely by end of October. Since my summer plots are already a disaster, now I'm just worried about getting fall rains for fall food plots.
Like wise here, complete disaster with corn and my soybean/peas/sunflower/buckwheat mix. What buckwheat that did come up was got by the deer.

BSK

Slipped between cells and got only 0.16" from that wall of storms last night. Guess I should feel lucky. A station in Waverly only got 0.07" and one just to our east 0.02".

Other than a slight chance of storms Wednesday, that's about it for the rest of July.

JCDEERMAN

I don't know how much we got, but the guys at our place said the cardboard in the fire pit looks slightly wet. At this point, take all we can get.

Andy S.

Got a tenth here at the house in SW TN. Passed through at 4AM. This was radar at 4:10.

962365BD-A25C-49DF-B779-F53DA8FFBC63.jpeg

skipperbrown

Has anybody noticed maple trees dying ot stressed? Im seeing several that have limbs that were healthy turning brown. A few completely dying.
I've got several maple trees dying. I was wondering if there is some blight or bug that is killing them. Never thought about lack of water.

TNTreeman

Checked on my corn yesterday and it's popping up. Evidently it was damp enough Monday when I drilled it to germinate because it's rained all around me but not on it. Hopefully it got it last night and today .

Latest posts