Hooker has torn ACL!

UCStandSitter

Hate it for the kid. Will be rough on his draft stock I'm sure. All that work and effort, transfer and everything to get to that. I'd be super frustrated. Hopefully he has the mental fortitude to overcome the blues that come with that sort of injury and be successful at the next level. Seems like he has a good family behind him which will help. Prayers for them all

prstide

Hopefully he had that insurance they can get to protect his draft stock
Had the same thought. Hate it for the young man. Hopefully it was just the one ligament and not multiple so he can get back before fall NFL camps to pursue a professional career.
Never heard any negative about him and he definitely brought UT's program from out of the ashes with Heupel's offense the past couple of seasons.
Hope he has as speedy a recovery as possible and a successful professional career.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Absolutely hate it for him. He's had an absolutely amazing season, and was really looking forward to seeing how he made that translate to post season awards and draft stock. Thankfully he's got great medical care and drive to bounce back. Hope that he bounces back fully and quickly

Mescalero

Wow! He was walking on it after the injury. That sucks, tough dude. Luckily (like all college athletes) he has access to the best medical care on the planet.
That's typical of an ACL. Can walk on it, but nothing else. This was my fear. Non-contact injuries often are the worst. Feel horrible for the guy. Heal up. A good team will draft him.

Gravey

Well that sucks! Didn't see the game and haven't seen replay but was told he was in the open field and cut when it happened. He's a class act and a great person from everything I've read. Prayers he has a successful surgery and can make a run at the NFL but if not he'll be successful in whatever he does.

Last edited:

Latest posts