Honest opinion without colored glasses on.

nitro_z17

no bad call decided the game. they got conservative against the best coach in college football and he took his son kirbys manhood.

rem270

Only thing I didn't agree with was it was either a sack or a run play when Fromm was tackled. Bama player got up and shoved Fromm's head down. Wasn't all that bad but uncalled for. I would've flagged him.

I'm a firm believer in adapting to ref's or umpires in any sport. They aren't going to adapt to you.

Planking

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... p-facemask

In addition to the ones discussed in this article and on this thread, i will add the bama offensive lineman tackling the uga player from behind that led to the qb scrambling for a first down, the incidental contact PI penalty, the flag that was thrown for what i believe was holding against bama and was picked up, the ref suggesting at the OT coin toss that bama go on defense first.

I could care less who won or football in general. That game looked rigged from what i saw.

PalsPal

Lots of missed calls both ways (as is normal, sadly), with the most blatant ones appearing to go Bama's way. But, we're accustomed to that :D !

But they didn't determine the outcome of the game. If GA defends that pass, the game is over. That play will haunt GA for years to come, as it will probably be a while before they are in the playoffs again.

cbhunter

buckaroo":3hf8zyr7 said:
Blocked punt, Georgia wasn't offsides that 7 pts
as others have said, seen both teams get away with some but Bama got away with more. The blocked punt was the biggest complaint I would have, that could be a game changer. Kirby and staff beat themselves in the end, they had every opportunity to win that game IMO and simply blew it in the second half with offensive play calling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PalsPal

cbhunter":27k1oev6 said:
The blocked punt was the biggest complaint I would have, that could be a game changer.

Bama jumped. Should have been blown dead there, and they would have backed up 5 and punted again. The block would not have stood anyway.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
nitro_z17":2rzri7ef said:
UGA choked. the end
I wouldn't say that UGA choked, but they got away from what got them where they were. I feel that momentum was shifted by a few bad ref calls in a short amount of time, but UGA should have done more to overcome that rather than changing to the cute or predictable play calling

cbhunter

PalsPal":zrcfp73z said:
cbhunter":zrcfp73z said:
The blocked punt was the biggest complaint I would have, that could be a game changer.

Bama jumped. Should have been blown dead there, and they would have backed up 5 and punted again. The block would not have stood anyway.
thats not the penalty that was called, it was called that dawgs were off sides which they weren't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitro_z17

EastTNHunter":2lm5yo3n said:
nitro_z17":2lm5yo3n said:
UGA choked. the end
I wouldn't say that UGA choked, but they got away from what got them where they were. I feel that momentum was shifted by a few bad ref calls in a short amount of time, but UGA should have done more to overcome that rather than changing to the cute or predictable play calling
true

PalsPal

buckaroo":1844zyek said:
^^^right and Georgia would have declined

:roll:

You can't decline a false start as the whistle would have blown the play dead, which would have been the correct call on that play. Bama would have punted backed up 5 yards. Forget the blocked punt!

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I didn't watch enough of the game to really comment.
I know "bad" calls are pretty rampant in nearly every game.
With the speed the game takes place with I am amazed they get as many right as they do.

buckaroo

Not sure there should have even been a penalty on the play, the bama player moved so little, wasn't even a flinch, dang sure should not have been against Georgia

huntinkev

I give the refs a C+. They missed some calls but they are always going to miss some calls. Lets face it, Bama always gets the benefit. The blocked punt, yea they missed it but it didn't change a thing if they missed the offsides then they should have called the false start which would have nullified the block punt anyway (or stopped it before the play even got that far) How many here when watching it, thought that GA was offsides on that play. The player moved clearly ahead of everyone else and in real speed it wouldn't have been hard at all to think he was offsides. I thought he was and so did the announcers and the ref.

Latest posts