Honda FourTrax Foreman 4X4 ES

rem270

hadnt had a foreman but had a rancher es. love hondas wont ever own anything else. but if i buy brand new i would be a rancher or foreman manual shift im not a big fan of the es.

BlackBelt

I've got a '99 Honda Foreman Fourtrax ES. Love it. Hasn't required a lot of maintenance, other than those caused by my ignorant mistakes (this is my first ATV).
It will just run and run and run.
Hard to go wrong with a Honda.

KubotaM4900

Foremans are nice. Dont be afraid of ES I have had ranchers with it an no problems period. I even had one with a snorkle so it recieived special treatment. Id prefer ES over manual anyday. I had no problems with any I have had. I now have a yamaha after many many Hondas. Honda is the only way to go. I would look for one with selectable 4wd. Full time 4wd is a pain.

jmlost

I have a rancher with fuel injection. Would highly recommend it. Nothing. Like it when its cold outside. Starts like your truck. I to like the manual. Simpler and like the idea to be able to select when it shift. More fun.....

stik

KubotaM4900 said:
Foremans are nice. Dont be afraid of ES I have had ranchers with it an no problems period. I even had one with a snorkle so it recieived special treatment. Id prefer ES over manual anyday. I had no problems with any I have had. I now have a yamaha after many many Hondas. Honda is the only way to go. I would look for one with selectable 4wd. Full time 4wd is a pain.

i have nothing bad to say about a honda but i prefer the yamaha.

Kimber45

W.Seay said:
Stay away from ES!!!

Why?

I just sold an 03 450ES with almost 11,000 hard miles.. It was still ES'ing like a champ.. Now it had gone through both diff's and a top end rebuild but the ES was great.. It was owned before me by a youngster who dogged the living hoo hah out of it too. Maybe the newer ones arent as good??

Kimber45

stik said:
KubotaM4900 said:

i have nothing bad to say about a honda but i prefer the yamaha.

Stik I have to agree.. Honda is a great machine but we've had many of both over the years and our Yamaha Big Bears have withstood beatings better than our Honda's.. I will have to go back and say though that the 300 Honda 4x4's I had decades ago were almost bullet proof! Did have to drill a hole so the water could run out of the brake drum in the back after it sat in the water all day while I was duck hunting - after a few mornings where it has set in my truck overnight and would not move because the water in the drum was a solid block of ice! Only other thing I ever did was keep the Diff's full of clean gear oil - keep the water drained out, they were the toughest machines ever!

Deerhunter

05 rancher 4x4ES here. About 3000 miles so far and no problems except for the horrible drum brakes which i recently switched to disks. Not a straight piece of metal or plastic on it, but never had to do anything but change oil and brakes.

Latest posts