Home Sick BUT now I want to build an AR :-)

Kimber45

Well, after a week of getting steadily worse wife made me go to the Doc yesterday.. Doc freaked a little when she listened to the right lung, X-ray, bloodwork, flu swabs later- severe bronchitis SO I'm in the bed today (told her I'd give it 1 day :D ) and NOW of all things after watching several videos I am convinced I have to build myself an AR :D

I don't do Home Sick very well so I expected this to be a ROTTEN day :mad: however this fun project thought has taken much of the gloom out of what I anticipated as being a dud of a day :)

So, as I know there are some guys on here who've built their own more than once, feel free to let me know what to stay away from and if there's ANY dealers getting stock back in on kits,uppers/lowers.
I never knew being so sick could result in something this positive ;)

Kimber45

Buckykm1 said:
Hope you get to feeling better buddy. My buddy is a gun smith and has built some before. If you let me know what parts you need i can see if he has anything.

Happy BDay Old Man!! ;)

I have NOTHING to start with so I need an upper/lower/parts kit, barrel, basically all i have right now is the NEED to build one :D

spoon

Im currently building 3. Parts are hard to find

Palmetto State Armory is a good start for lower parts.Here are some other companies to check out

dsgarms.com
ucwrg.com
seekinsprecision.com
bravocompanyusa.com
geissle.com
lmtstore.com

if you can let me know what you are looking for, I can help find it for ya

Kimber45

A.Hall said:
Im currently building 3. Parts are hard to find

Palmetto State Armory is a good start for lower parts.Here are some other companies to check out

dsgarms.com
ucwrg.com
seekinsprecision.com
bravocompanyusa.com
geissle.com
lmtstore.com

if you can let me know what you are looking for, I can help find it for ya

Thanks! I'm checking them out right now

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
Send me a pm and I can put you in touch with my cousin. He is dealing in Mag Tactical lowers and is able to get them fairly regular and he won't gouge your eyes out on prices either. They are pretty snazzy. Sign up at bravo company and primary arms to get their emails when stuff comes back in stock and reply as soon as you get those emails to place an order. Stuff goes quick nowadays.

spoon

Cost is what you make it. How good of a weapon do you want? The build, you will need some special tools

Tenn.Guy

Palmetto state armory is good to go. I bought a rifle kit last year and built the lower, slapped on the upper. Nowhere near as hard as it seemed..

WGK

Just saw this Scott,man sure hope you get better soon. And good luck with the AR. My son in law loves his.