Home prices doubled locally

T

Teacher

My wife is a realtor here in North Alabama. The report and the pricing is true. I bought some land over in Lawrence County, TN less than twenty years ago and every realtor in TN sends me an offer every week. The offers are three times what I paid for it.

R

redblood

Supporter
My wife is a realtor here in North Alabama. The report and the pricing is true. I bought some land over in Lawrence County, TN less than twenty years ago and every realtor in TN sends me an offer every week. The offers are three times what I paid for it.
Sounds like a good deal until to you have to replace it. My farm and house cost a little over a half million in 2015. Its paid for. I lt would easily bring 3x what i paid for it. Problem is- the only way to walk away rich is to move to a little 10 acre tract we own 20 miles away and then build at the highest prices in history. I hear people bragging on how they sold their house on the 1st day on the market at asking price….thats great. But what did u gain when you just turn around and pay it back on the next purchase.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Sounds like a good deal until to you have to replace it. My farm and house cost a little over a half million in 2015. Its paid for. I lt would easily bring 3x what i paid for it. Problem is- the only way to walk away rich is to move to a little 10 acre tract we own 20 miles away and then build at the highest prices in history. I hear people bragging on how they sold their house on the 1st day on the market at asking price….thats great. But what did u gain when you just turn around and pay it back on the next purchase.
I was in that situation last October. I had no choice as I was moving back for my job regardless of the inflated market. Lucky for me I sold high and was able to buy low. And went from 3 acres to 25 acres with good hunting out my back door.

B

BlackBelt

I am no expert, but what I am seeing looks like the housing market price bubble may be coming into correction territory very soon.
When (and if) that happens the folks that bought over-valued property in the past couple of years are going to take a pretty big hit. That home they paid 550k for last year may become a 390k home very quickly, but they are obligated to that 550k buying price.
That is going to be ugly. Very ugly.
But, hey, maybe I'm wrong about the timing of a correction. That is not my field of expertise.
I know a lot more about mouth-breathing and window licking...

H

Hduke86

I was in that situation last October. I had no choice as I was moving back for my job regardless of the inflated market. Lucky for me I sold high and was able to buy low. And went from 3 acres to 25 acres with good hunting out my back door.
I’ll be the judge of “good hunting” when I’m up there this fall. Lol

WTM

WTM

Supporter
I am no expert, but what I am seeing looks like the housing market price bubble may be coming into correction territory very soon.
When (and if) that happens the folks that bought over-valued property in the past couple of years are going to take a pretty big hit. That home they paid 550k for last year may become a 390k home very quickly, but they are obligated to that 550k buying price.
That is going to be ugly. Very ugly.
But, hey, maybe I'm wrong about the timing of a correction. That is not my field of expertise.
I know a lot more about mouth-breathing and window licking...
it already is in some areas, just not tennessee. california has already seen some cooling.

PossumSlayer

PossumSlayer

Supporter
FEMA just shoved it up Pascagoulas ass. If you renovate and spend 50% of home value you have to put your home on pilings.
Wanna flip a house or renovate a rental for extra income? Ain’t happening.
Katrina wiped out every house on the beach here. Our house had 6 inches of water but is now considered flood zone.