Home Depot mathematician

Volbuck777

Supporter
I was at Home Depot today and bought a couple things, price came out to $19.78. I hand the girl a $20. She continues and I say wait a minute as I pulled change from my pocket. She said I’ve already put it in that you paid with a $20. I said well erase it I want to get rid of some change. So I actually dig in my wallet ask for the 20 back and I proceeded to hand her a $10, $5, and four $1s. I then slide across the counter 78 cents. Just so happens I had exactly 78 cents. As I look back up she’s frustrated and says now your going to make me do math? I said no you don’t have to do nothing now. She then says we’ll i am not sure how much change to give you. I said none. I paid the exact amount. She then asks what about the $20 bill. I had to explain the whole thing back to her. I still don’t think she understands and that was 12 hours ago. Sad times America.

flyinpro

Supporter
Yea, happens all the time. Libtards want $15. Minimum wage. Those kids are being replaced by self check outs where you must use a card. They want to get cash out of circulation, so more control can be forced upon a once free people .

FLTENNHUNTER1

How did the U.S. do?​

Students in the United States performed near the middle of the pack. On average 16 other industrialized countries scored above the United States in science, and 23 scored above us in math. The reading scores for the United States had to be tossed due to a printing error.

MUP

Supporter
Yea, happens all the time. Libtards want $15. Minimum wage. Those kids are being replaced by self check outs where you must use a card. They want to get cash out of circulation, so more control can be forced upon a once free people .
Yep, just another form of getting a participation trophy. Reward laziness and underachievers with an unsustainable pay rate. Sad times indeed.

flyinpro

Supporter
I remembered listening to G. Gordon Liddy 15-20 years ago talk about “The dumbing down of American”. Now I can see clearly what he was talking about
It’s made it easier for the ruling class in the swamp to control us surfs. Hope I’m still young enough when real leadership steps up and succeeds, begins a civil war or stands up for Americans & the once followed and protected Constitution and Bill of Rights.

eddie c

15 years or so back my wife was a cashier at Dollar tree. She said people got confused when she would count their change back. Even confused the coworkers. She worked at Woolworths when we were dating 40 yrs ago and said if you didn't count the change back to older folks they thought you were skimming their change.

Coker

No kid left behind was the motto for many years in the public schools. It still may be. Its all about the perception and not reality. Sad, very sad.

backyardtndeer

Standardized testing does not support real world applications. Schools are so caught up in the testing scores, that too much is being missed. Obviously that is a failure.

Specializedjon

Supporter
Have you seen the one where Jesse Watters hands a kid (teenager) a letter and said "you know how to mail this?". You would've thought he handed him an abacus. The kid just stood there clueless. Had NO IDEA how to mail a letter, where to take it, how to put a stamp on it, know that it actually needed a stamp, nadda. THAT is parenting at it's finest. I hold parents responsible for this crap. The schools are the low hanging fruit that we beat up, but for your kid not to know how to mail a bleeping letter.....🐂 💩

MUP

Supporter
I had a chance to speak with my sophomore English teacher a couple years ago at one of my daughters volleyball games. We reminisced about the days and work in her class, and about one time in particular where we had to prepare an advertisement. I did mine on Cowfield ice cream. :) And if you sent in 10 proofs of purchase you could get a free "pooper scooper". She laughed, then she turned more solemn, and said, you know, they've taken that away from us now, the ability to teach. We have to put forth the state mandated curriculum now and just try to help students get good scores on it. Straight from a great teacher imo, the problem with our school system, or at least one of them.

Latest posts