Home alarms

ImThere

ImThere

I know this subject came up before but as life situations change, I’m looking for a home alarm to protect my family when I’m not there. What do you guys recommend? Yes my wife can use a pistol. Yes she has access to hers. If she doesn’t have time to make it to the pistol it would be useless. With the grandbabies at the house and whatever might be happening, she’s probably not going have the pistol on her person. I understand that but I want something that will alert them. Especially if I’m gone in the middle of the night. More or less a first alert type system I don’t particularly care for it to be monitored but I do want to have a Siren that goes off in case of windows open, open door, windows broken or motion in the house when the alarm is set. I would like a smart alarm that alerts my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveB

DaveB

I guess you should be looking at something like this-a wireless system.

https://simplisafe.com/home-security-shop

There may be a Home Owners insurance program that reduces your annual fee if you are using a recognized service, like ADT.

At my house the system is hard-wired, 2 control panels, battery back up, ear-splitting alarm in the attic, two smoke alarms, every window and door wired except the garage. Plus I have a hard-wired camera system. Thinking about adding a separate system for inside the house.

duckduck84

duckduck84

We have Vivint because I want it monitored and I like having cameras, but I agree with Dave, Simplisafe sounds like a good route for you.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

R

rtaylor

I have iSmartAlarm. It comes with motion, door sensors, audible alarm, cameras and key fobs. I can control all of it with my phone and it is self monitored. Super easy to install and it calls and text me when it goes off.

DaveB

DaveB

The More I look at these systems the more I fall in love with the system in my home.

The wireless systems mentioned come in standard and deluxe and up and up versions. Since I do not know your home, you will have to decide how many exterior doors, windows, and motion detectors you are going to install. Also you will need to find out if you can arm your system but disarm the motion detectors so the house is secured but folks can move around inside.

I am making this assumption each system can be expanded and upon further review, this might not be the case.

This is definitely going to require more research.

ImThere

ImThere

DaveB":52ge1bo8 said:
The More I look at these systems the more I fall in love with the system in my home.

The wireless systems mentioned come in standard and deluxe and up and up versions. Since I do not know your home, you will have to decide how many exterior doors, windows, and motion detectors you are going to install. Also you will need to find out if you can arm your system but disarm the motion detectors so the house is secured but folks can move around inside.

I am making this assumption each system can be expanded and upon further review, this might not be the case.

This is definitely going to require more research.
It’s overwhelming that’s why I asked for assistance from my Tndeer brothers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Bow Hunter

I have had Simplisafe for two years now and really like it, just ordered two cameras today.

sgtwebb1

sgtwebb1

Supporter
Simplisafe.
I figured how many sensors, what types, etc, and self installed.
I've got 2 keypads, have added sensors, fire alarms, and pay $25/ month.
Has it for about 3 years, love it.

FLTENNHUNTER1

FLTENNHUNTER1

sgtwebb1":1mnxsulh said:
Simplisafe.
I figured how many sensors, what types, etc, and self installed.
I've got 2 keypads, have added sensors, fire alarms, and pay $25/ month.
Has it for about 3 years, love it.

^^^This^^^

TNReb

TNReb

Supporter
Not around here! We pay a lot less than that!

Yikes!

dg7080

dg7080

Got Simplisafe about a year ago. Very easy to install and add more components if you need them. We really like it.

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
Sorry you need the system, but hope you get something solid that'll do the job.