Holy Crap. It works!

LanceS4803

After taking the random coyote that had the misfortune to be around while deer/turkey hunting, I decided to try specifically for a coyote. After messing around, I got serious tonight.
I was following a call sequence I had just read about yesterday.
Setup in one spot that was very brushy, very windy. Nothing.
Moved at dusk to a much better spot. Hit the coyote locator for 3 minutes and they went bananas across the valley!
Switched to a coyote death cry and they came at full speed. I had set up where I thought they would have to cross an open area of the field (instead of taking the long way around a 400yd long field). The first two were so fast, I didn't have time. The third wasn't as lucky. At 125yds, I didn't lead quite enough on this pretty male.

Question: I guess the other coyotes have been "educated" on the calls now? Any advice for going back after them: left it rest a few weeks, different calls, etc.

matt_brown

Dont take this the wrong way because I don't know the answer. But is it legal to hunt yotes with a high capacity magazine. Or do you have to have one that only holds 5.

LanceS4803

Thanks for the info on using different calls.

As for magazines, if you hunt in a state/county, etc. that limits magazine capacity, you can easily block a 30 or 20 round magazine.
When I shot NRA Service Rifle, I had a 30rd that had a solid block that would hold NO ammo. Used it on the 600yd line with extra long projectiles that had to be single loaded.

stik

matt_brown said:
Dont take this the wrong way because I don't know the answer. But is it legal to hunt yotes with a high capacity magazine. Or do you have to have one that only holds 5.

the only magazine restriction in Tennessee is for shotguns while hunting migratory birds.

kill em all!!!

Latest posts